Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

VR/Speech Recoginition Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 48)

Mainly to give it time. You're fighting 30 years - of muscle memory and other

Posted: Oct 29th, 2017 - 12:14 pm In Reply to: New to editing - metoo

brain conditioning, after all. :)

You can work without the attach and unattach function while you get used to other things. It's nice, but it doesn't work all that great on my current platform, so I do. A large part of your time is spent moving to the points of correction, and that att-unatt thing is extremely desirable for that, though.

As you get better, you'll probably be able to scan ahead a bit with your cursor while you also read the text against the voice. Just mentioning so you can be aware that learning to cruise the cursor around the keyboard quickest is going to be key. My left hand tends to rest on the control, shift and alt keys at the bottom left while my right is on the arrow keys, all ready to move the cursor up and down, end to end and off to various points as I listen and read.

If you are using an expander, the corrections themselves go fast. If by some chance you're not, get either Shorthand or Instant Text ASAP, and every time you make a correction that's likely to happen again make a short form for it. This includes things like a string of the keystrokes you'd to do combine two sentences with an "and" or "or" and, similarly, to break sentences apart. My shorts for those are about two keystrokes each. In Shorthand you can make one of those by telling it to record the keystrokes as you do it once and then assigning it a name. Assume it's the same for IT. (Mine for combining two sentences with just a comma is LL from the end of the first sentence and ",," from the beginning of the second.)

In word shift+F3 toggles between capped and uncapped, so I named that "f" so a quick tap+space bar does it, "ff" for toggling a whole word. That kind of thing.

Anyway, don't know if you've been doing the expander stuff for years, but hope something here helps. But for sure give yourself a break by relaxing and accepting that being good again will happen when your brain is once again trained to communicate "directly" with your hands, leaving "you" free to monitor the text.

:)

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)