Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

VR/Speech Recoginition

Team leader? - MTfor years

Posted: Oct 30th, 2017 - 10:47 pm In Reply to: Are you by any chance my team leader? :) - She feels the same way and

No, I am not a team leader and never have been. I was lucky to be offered any QA positions anywhere. Everybody wants to keep me typing/editing because of my experience, which brings to mind another gripe. If the QA folks are so darn perfect, why aren't they subjected to the same restrictions of pay that we are. Gee, they must be able to crank out the work faster than us, huh? We should all be paid $15-18 an hour; don't you agree?

I do use my expander when possible while editing, but I think all the tiny errors that the engine makes prohibits using any briefs: extra letters tacked on at the end of a word, or a comma that doesn't belong, or having to delete the same thing over and over because a doctor says "um" and the program says she is saying "load them". The list goes on.

If only we had a transcription union...

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)