Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

we should bill the doctor - for the reports we did

Posted: Sep 28th, 2017 - 1:25 pm In Reply to: Tyner - fraud - reported her to moderator on 9/21/2017

I was given four reports to transcribe with all patient names and date/s given. My dictation date was August 28, 2017 and my 'test time' on the dictation was 6:48-10:00. The doctor's name and approximate location of practice was also given.

I first ignored her request that I do these files, because I sensed it was a con. However, "Ms. T" contacted me 3 times over the next week, and finally I acquiesced, thinking perhaps it was 'for real,' since she was still asking, and had over 500 hits on her ad. Clearly, she had a lot of backlog to transcribe, about a month's worth, it appears.

Even if she did hire someone from all of us, or does now because they read this, the doctor's office/transcription manager or whoever it was, had no business issuing real reports/actual work to be done free of charge by various strangers throughout the United States. It is beyond belief that they think this is OK; let's not let them get away with it. It is not a small thing. It is part and parcel of a much larger issue... the systematic and deliberate abuse of all of us in the medical transcription community. We must unite. Let's turn this misfortune into an opportunity to do so.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)