Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Not all that great - Been there

Posted: Aug 15th, 2017 - 3:52 pm In Reply to: TMT transcription? - Bogo

It's not completely horrible, but it's far from great either. I worked there for about 2 years. The owner has absolutely terrible communication and almost never responds to emails and never ever answers her phone or returns calls. She runs the entire show by herself and there is nobody else you can contact besides her, which can be problematic since she's nearly impossible to get in touch with. I remember one time when the system went down late at night for several hours and nobody could get in touch with her to find out what was going on. Not good. She also has a tendency to send out rude, demanding emails whenever she needs help. There is nothing wrong with asking for help, but her tone was rarely even remotely pleasant. She loves to bark at her MTs via emails sent out in all caps. At least that was my experience when I worked there. They only have one account and no others, so that makes me wonder how secure the job really is. There are A LOT of ESLs and very difficult dictators on this account. Also, whenever you have blanks in a report, you are required to send an email via the ancient, clunky 20-year-old Meditech system to everyone in the company to notify them and ask for help filling them in. Then, if someone is able to fill in your blanks, it is your responsibility to go back in and find that report and upload it to the facility. If no one is able to fill them in, then you have to send an email to the facility via Meditech to make them aware of it. Oh, and you are also expected to monitor the Meditech emails and help fill in other MT's blanks as well, which you are not paid one penny for. It is all quite time consuming and very aggravating. It's all just a bunch of unpaid busy work. If you really need a job, I'd say go for it, even if it's just temporary until you find something better, but if not and you're just kind of casually looking, I'd pass. I left because I wasn't making enough $$$ there. I would literally have to work 10-12 hours a day most days just to meet the 100 minutes per day requirement, and I consider myself a pretty fast MT. No thank you!!! It was just too much. I finally left for a job that pays by the line and am doing much better. The only pro is that I was always paid on time twice a month, but that's it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)