Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Exactly - Been there

Posted: Jun 15th, 2017 - 11:47 am In Reply to: Revolving door is why - anon

I was hired by Allegis back in January. They made it sound like this amazing opportunity and said I'd have no problem averaging $20/hour. They said that their pay rate is the equivalent of about 14 cpl. Obviously, I was thrilled and super excited about this. Well, if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. Once I was finished with training, I was thrown into the pits of the Progressive account. OMG, I couldn't even believe how horrible it was. These audio files were a good hour long, some even a bit longer. The audio quality was absolutely horrific. It would take you literally all day just to finish one or two reports. They wanted 100% verbatim, meaning you had to transcribe every single "Uh," "Um," burp, sneeze, fart, background noise, etc. It was an absolute nightmare. They also expected you to search endlessly for addresses on Google, which took a great deal of time, which you did not get paid for. I think I was making about $30-40 a day, not even minimum wage. I stayed for about 2 weeks. Then, one day, after spending 3 hours on one report, only to make $10, I got up from my computer to take a break and never came back. That is why they are constantly hiring. You know it's bad when the girl who trained me had only been there for a month herself. They can't retain anybody! It's a complete joke of a company. Luckily, I found a very decent IC position almost immediately after quitting Allegis.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)