Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

FMLA - Me too

Posted: Mar 3rd, 2017 - 4:33 am In Reply to: Wow - Going through this too

Your employer really can't refuse FMLA if you have a covered reason. There are some websites you can access to read the guidelines. It's the law. You are permitted to take 12 weeks a year for any covered reason. When I did it, I was on medical leave for surgery and used paid leave so I didn't lose any income. The leave can be paid or unpaid but the law is in place to protect your job, they can't terminate you while you are gone. I had not heard about applying for this through insurance, my employer did the paperwork. I needed doctor's letters and had to fill out time sheets and some of it was a hassle after I got back to work and needed time for physical therapy appointments. This was not at M-Modal but the same rules should apply.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • FMLA has anyone every been off on - FML with mmodal (Views: 827, 2017-03-02, 12:58 pm)
    • Wow - Going through this too (Views: 664, 2017-03-02, 3:42 pm)
      • FMLA - I have been off on this (Views: 546, 2017-03-02, 8:35 pm)
      • FMLA - Me too