Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

every MT has nothing to do with VR mistakes, - sm

Posted: Nov 22nd, 2016 - 1:39 pm In Reply to: voice recognition per ex boss - typngal

The repetition has to come from the person speaking to the voice recognition. Even if I typed the wrong word, the VR does not know that word unless it is DICTATED to the VR. I think it is time for transcriptionists to learn that VR is not turned on while you are typing in a document. The phrases have to be heard by the VR. Again, editing a document is not training VR. The only way VR is trained is if the DICTATION is said repeatedly to the VR and someone is there to give the VR the correct term. It does not learn on its own and it does not learn because someone is inside a document editing it. It is not a person. First of all, it gets words that are clear as day wrong, and I'm sure the person editing the document heard the word clearly also. Now, it the programmer went into the system and programmed the software to type a particular word each time it was said, i.e., p.r.n. to be typed as needed every time the VR heard that word, then that is just the VR being programmed to perform that task. Other than that, it types the words it thinks it hears.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)