Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

To Disappointed - Me too

Posted: Oct 25th, 2016 - 1:21 pm In Reply to: I agree I am so disappointed and upset - MT

I feel the same as you. I cannot believe how little we are paid for what we have to do and we do so much work for free. The ADT problems just go on and on and frankly I ignore them. The facility should be handling those, not us or we should be paid. As for QA, same thing. I am not going to take time to study every CP. If it comes back with a "critical error" and it is formatting, so be it. If I can remember, I will correct it, if not, ?.

What I do after I make my corrections and run a spell check, I run it twice to double check. So far I have not had any problems.

I do like most of the dictators though, but I am very disappointed as I think they are jerking our lines around. I am sure we don't get paid for headers, as most places are that way. Even if I feel I get a good line count, at 4 cpl, which probably isn't all that accurate, it is very low. I have looked and looked for MT jobs and I just don't have the energy to keep on looking, testing, etc. I have another PT job outside my home which takes out taxes, so I am going to do what I can with this one and go from there. It isn't much, but better than nothing, but I am not going to put myself out there and work and work and work for next to nothing. Also how about the big incentive email? 6 cpl for voice, but you had to work from 10:30 pm to 6:30 am. For an extra 2 cents, you have to work all night.

How did it ever get to this and why do we do it? I am still trying to figure that out, but it seems if you want a PT job anymore the pay is low and the demands are high. Truly sad.

AND, on another note, 6 cpl for straight transcription. I have never, ever been paid that low of a rate ever!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)