Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Another thing to consider - tookSSat62

Posted: Oct 12th, 2016 - 4:38 pm In Reply to: Anyone retired at age 62 but kept working - to receive health insurance

If you look at your social security worksheet (now on line as they are no longer mailed),you will see regarding your social security benefit at full retirement age (65 or 66), that this amount is based on "your current earning rate." When I asked my local Social Security office about this since my income as an MT (like all of us) has decreased drastically, I was informed that the first year will not make any difference, but after that it could potentially decrease my Social Security payment. At that point, I said "Sign me up!" I will be 64 in January and have never regretted my decision to take it at age 62. I am still working as an MT, but now I have at least one constant form of income to rely on. Check out your worksheet and compare your income with what this amount was figured on, then take a look at what you are making now. I bet most of us are making a lot less than what our SS amount at full retirement age was calculated with.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)