Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Recently fired after 18+ years. Informed I'm no longer - associated with MModal

Posted: Oct 2nd, 2016 - 5:36 pm In Reply to: Exact same here. - CG

Latest super asked how I was doing then put another lady on the phone. Super told me, "Effective immediately" I was "no longer associated with MModal." I was not meeting line requirements. I would receive packaging labels and was to send my equipment back. I was locked out. My lines had dropped drastically when I was transferred, going from from 6 to 50 accounts. How can we increase our production when we have to keep referring to each account's rules and rarely get the same doctor twice? That is when accuracy goes down, clients become unhappy, and it comes back down to us. We are made to feel it's our fault when it's NOT. ASR is horrible. No one had the time to edit it the same so it never retained the changes, and with each software upgrade, our production became even harder to meet.

On the phone call, I asked if I could say something. I said they had made it where we could not win, setting us up to fail. You can't tell me a doctor cares if it is "Patient" vs "The patient." It definitely does not affect patient care or endanger the patient. The high accuracy standard and fear of losing our jobs, constant threats made us fearful of making a mistake. We read our reports then production went even lower. None of us wants to make an error, but being told we cannot fail a job in 6 months or possibly be fired is so unrealistic and unfair. I said have you even read on MTSTARS how much our company is disliked, that MTs are so unhappy, many of us don't even make minimum wage. I don't recall if there even was a reply to that.

I was informed that MModal is within approved guidelines of something or other. By this time, though, I could tell the call was pretty much over. That was my 3rd super in 3-4 months with the middle super also let go.

How do I feel now? Like a ton of weight from worry and stress has been lifted off me in every way. I still wake up from dosing, afraid I'm late for work and immediately get this sick feeling in my stomach, an overwhelming sense of fear and worry that I felt every day with MModal in the past several years. WE ALL HAVE SYMPTOMS OF POSTTRAUMATIC SYNDROME after the way we have been treated. Felt more like a sweat shop. They counted every statistic they could except put a camera on us. It affected my health, and I held out to the end. When a super asks for what we are doing to pass audits and the BoB's numbers are filled with red, you would think that would make a company reevaluate things. They only increased the stress by upping minimum standard to 165 mph, nitpicked each report to where 99.6% accuracy that they demanded was almost impossible to reach consistently, especially when leaving off a period or "the" could fail you.

Finances will be very lean, but I'd rather eat Ramen noodles every day than work in this environment again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)