Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Discrimination - Violet girl

Posted: Oct 1st, 2016 - 12:10 pm In Reply to: is it discrimination not hire from certain states... - ?

There are a lot of ways to look at that and I was told that companies not hiring from certain states was not discrimination. Age, gender, ethnicity would be and you could file a complaint. Employers pick and choose all the time, and locale preferences could be things such as requirements in certain states for business licenses (I live in Washington and it is expensive plus they make you jump through a lot of hoops), there are reasons other than labor laws or minimum wage. My state has one of the highest minimum wages now, and I have not heard, with the exception of one, of any company refusing to hire people or lay anyone off. On site employers do this all the time by only hiring internally or limiting jobs to a certain geographic area. The California lay-offs could be related to a number of things, and they don't have to tell you why. To prove discrimination, people would need more facts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)