Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

IC - part-time - alb8ros

Posted: Sep 14th, 2016 - 12:13 am In Reply to: IC - part-time

You sound just like me - laid off by my local hospital, now I'm typing from home for a clinic (2 docs), getting SS, and a small pension from the hospital. I set aside 25% of my check because my pension doesn't have withholding. I will be able to deduct 9% of my household expenses (mortgage, phone, internet, house insurance, flood insurance), and my costs of equipment. As far as my schedule, I get my dictations in the morning early, and they need to be back at the clinic (by email) by 8 am the next morning. I don't make much but it's a good supplement to the SS and it's easy work for me. It's not something I ever planned or wanted to do (be self employed). 2016 will be my first full year so I'll find out in April if it's working well or not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)