Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Very Few - Companies

Posted: Jun 25th, 2016 - 6:49 am In Reply to: My computer is dying and I'd like to upgrade to the newest model. Which companies - accept Windows 10? Is Office 2016 okay? sm

appear to be compatible with Win10 as of yet. Many do not want to upgrade, as their own status in the MT world is pretty shaky. As far as providing their own equipment, I believe Precyse is pretty much the only one that still does that. There may be a couple of others, but I am not sure of who they are. and most places do not object to you using your own personal laptop for work and do not require a dedicated computer, as long as you are HIPAA compliant at home with the info. If you have not worked in a while, chances are finding a job in this field is going to be difficult. Most are on the brink of losing their positions as it is, even with 30-40 years experience. A lot of smaller companies are "going under," and the larger ones are not worth the effort. Read up on some of the posts on this board before you go to the expense of getting the newest and best computer only to find yourself without work. Good luck to you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)