Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Except that for experienced MTs - MT

Posted: May 28th, 2016 - 5:39 pm In Reply to: They could fix the blank problem easily - sm

We really don't need easier access to QA since the blanks QA CAN actually help us fill in are few and far between. Not that it wouldn't be nice, too, as there are times when I would love to have an office full of MTs to ask. Obscure surgical terms, for example. Or something stated in an op note that I am not 100% sure makes sense (I had one the other day and it took me a few minutes to figure out if he was saying "lung clamp" or "long clamp").

But most of our blanks are because of audio or dictator issues. We can't hear it, the audio skips, the dictator is talking too fast, the dictator has a thick accent, the medication doesn't actually exist, the medication dosage makes no sense, there are 2 ALTs dictated instead of an AST and ALT - things like that.

For that, what we really need, are metrics that are reasonable and take into consideration the MTs who are in fact doing their job well by leaving blanks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)