Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I simply will NOT tolerate being seen by an ESL if I cannot - understand them. SM

Posted: May 7th, 2016 - 3:28 pm In Reply to: She didn't say never see an ESL physician, she said - True that

Or if I can at all help it, I refuse to deal with people in other positions who can't speak English properly. It's bad enough being so sick you have to go to the ER and wait hours to be seen, then an ESL on top of all that??? No thanks.

My husband was trying to register for tech college once. We got an admissions counselor who was from Africa? We couldn't understand her no matter how hard we tried. We went back the next day and demanded an American counselor with English as first language, someone we could understand clearly, and I dam well told the registration clerk that very fact.

And I dont give a rat flip that everyone else in the admissions waiting area heard me, either. It was nothing but the truth. You can't understand some of these people, so you fake your way through something, and then YOU are the one who gets in trouble for improper registration, financial aid, refused classes because of scheduling errors, and so on. This because the colleges hire so many foreigners to get government tax credits. That's pathetic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)