Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: gall bladder surgery.. (Views: 60)

For those whose employers have gone to EMR... - Linda

Posted: Apr 4th, 2016 - 1:38 pm In Reply to: Well my account just went to EMR so here I go without a job. nm - MT

Medical scribe positions are growing, as providers struggle spending half the patient visit in the EMR doing data entry.

I had surgery recent and had to see multiple doctors. I asked each one how they felt about EMR and would they like to have an MT or Scribe. They all voted for a remote scribe or MT to work in real time and were excited to hear that this was a possibility.

What do you think of making this argument to your employer:

1. Data entry will cost them an average of $70 per hour now, rather than $15.
2. Providers will have a fraction of time to spend in the patient visit while they do data entry.
3. Income will be reduced as they cannot maintain the same patient load, having to do data entry.
4. You are trained and able to scribe, remotely or on site.
5. JACHO has determined that no reports created with VR should be unedited by trained staff.
6. Malpractice suits doubled from 2014 to 2015. This is largely due to VR errors. Not using a scribe or MT will cost them a lot more in legal fees and fines.
7. It only stands to reason that malpractice insurance will skyrocket with the number of malpractice cases doubling since relying on VR/EMR.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)