Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

speaking of AAMT and gansters - OldsterMT

Posted: Mar 5th, 2016 - 12:05 pm In Reply to: There is no organization that represents MTs - and never has been.

When a local chapter of "AAMT" folded due to various reasons, AAMT took the remaining funds from the account. I was involved with a very large local chapter that folded and knew firsthand what occurred with other local chapters within my state. We had requested that our chapter funds be transferred to the state chapter or divided among remaining state chapters. We were told that the funds had to go directly to the national AAMT funds.

Keep in mind that it was AAMT's shenanigans that created the demise of many chapters throughout the country. All of our state chapters had been very supportive of each other. We attended each other's meetings. Many of us held offices on the state board.

AAMT altered the fee schedule for membership, their officials were totally rude to long-term active state members. The cost of attending national symposiums was just outrageous. I could go on and on. The final straw was when they crawled into bed with MedQuist and sold the MTs down the river.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)