Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

WOW - Teresa

Posted: Mar 4th, 2016 - 5:11 am In Reply to: We already have CAC and it is not what you imagine. - Coder

When I posted my comment on this board, I did so with the intention of reaching out to colleagues who were perhaps going through the same thing I am. What I did not expect was a group of people trying to tell me the difference between coding, billing, and transcription. I have done all three. I know what each of them are. My point about a 14-week coding course was that it was total BS. It requires much more than what you can learn in 14 weeks and its not right that they promote things like that. Just like the 14-week MT course TV ads are not right. That was it.

One one point, Coder, you are wrong. I personally know someone who is already doing the back end of coding through a CAC program in a doctor's office. This reduces the importance of a coder to the same level as a VR MT. You are doing nothing but editing what has already been done. If you believe they will continue the practice of having coders do what they are doing now, great for you. I am not trying to change your mind on anything. I am merely speaking MY mind on what I see happening in MY situation. I think coding is boring. ME. I did not state that it was that way for all.

I don't recall stating that I was currently looking for a job in the medical industry in any department. I do recall stating that I am done with transcription. Thanks for the pointer on me looking at the wrong kind of job! Again, you missed the point. You also did not need to tell me what it requires to code at home. The same basic rules go for transcription. I did my time in hospitals and clinics before going home.

As far as the AHDI, AAMT, AHIMA, it was my understanding that they were there for the support of the US, the MTs, not vendors, not hospitals, etc. Once again, you completely missed my point. Shame on me for being such a bad communicator.

I came here hoping to find some support and what I got was nothing but backlash for having an opinion of my own and trying to share it. Sorry that it scares me to think of the unknowing public and the dangers of the EMR, VR, and CAC. Sorry that I thought maybe if like-minded people banded together and started talking about this issue with anyone who would listen that maybe something good might come out of it. Sorry that I think telling a newbie or wanna-be MT that this is not a profession to make tons of money in when really all they need to do is read some of the posts here. Everyone complaining and having issues with the same things and nobody having a plan or willing to discuss ideas to fix it. Not all MTs are unhappy with the situation. I say great for them. I don't wish ill upon anyone trying to stay in the business. If you want to roll with the punches, go ahead. I'm sick of rolling over.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)