Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

If you recognize this, why are you still there? - Got out years ago

Posted: Mar 3rd, 2016 - 2:22 am In Reply to: not sure - Teresa

If you recognize that MT has come to this, why are you still in that field? You could have gotten out years ago, as I did, and have been in a better profession since then. You could have applied your college degree to learning something new. You could have moved on and not had to continue focusing on negativity.

The "good authority" who is informing you about the future of coding misunderstands what she sees. The fact that someone is a "manager" does not mean they have a brain in their head. Regardless, the MTs who moved into coding learned their lesson from what happened in medical transcription. Many are making six-figure incomes. I make more than four times what I did even in the best MT year that I had and more than eight times what I did when I got out. I don't spend all of that, either. I put a considerable amount of it into savings for the future. I have also sought out additional training so that I can move into other career fields in health information management. That way, no matter what happens with coding itself, I will still have a job.

You can't predict how everything in life will go, but you sure don't have to sit in one miserably paying job your entire life focusing on organizations that were out of date 10 to 15 years in the past.

I don't know that all of the remaining MTs would be able to learn coding. It is a challenging field, after all. I don't think that everyone should look to that for a future career. Many of the remaining MTs have made so little money now for some many years that they can't even afford to transition into a new career. However, I don't think it's appropriate to discourage people from that career based on unsubstantiated misunderstandings about the field and other fields associated with it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)