Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

What I never heard anyone say.... - anon

Posted: Feb 22nd, 2016 - 2:12 pm In Reply to: Failed Audits-keep going - quit-or-be-fired

Is how any of this is affecting the patient or their care. The only thing I hear is how this is affecting you (the HDS/SHDA).

We cannot forget that there is a person on the other end of this report and that physicians are relying on these reports to give those patients appropriate care.

We expect our nurses and doctors to give us the correct medication/care. Those clinicians count on us to provide them accurate information, even if that means leaving a blank in order to not provide them inaccurate information.

In order to do this, we must actually care about what we are doing!

By the way, it IS your job to verify information such as DOB, age, dictated medication dosages that don't make sense, dates of service, etc., etc. It does take more time, but this is the job we signed up for. No one forced us to do this job.

I think a lot of people on this board who are saying they don't care enough to try their best need to think about how they would feel if they received inappropriate/potentially deadly care because their report was inaccurate due to someone not caring enough to do their best job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)