Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Despite how bad Nuance is, smaller - companies pay worse

Posted: Dec 19th, 2015 - 7:08 pm In Reply to: Do MModal and Nuance pay better? - sm

in my experience.

I have worked for 4 other companies (concurrently with Nuance part time) and none of them paid as much as Nuance, sadly. Now I imagine that is because they have to compete with companies like Nuance and of course that can be difficult.

They were all more appreciative, more personal, more friendly, perhaps not as organized. Also, as far as pay goes, nah.

I think the smaller companies who have stuck it out have their methods to cut costs yet still allow MTs - at least some of them - to make good money. Unfortunately, the work I ended up doing was too varied to enable lots of macros or anything so I could never end up making money.

It could be due to familiarity with my accounts or platform, but sadly, I find Nuance to be at least somewhere I can make a bit more than minimum wage, usually $12-14/hr. Compared to the company that got bought out by them, that is really awful (used to make at least $20/hr easily, sometimes much more), but it is still a better platform and pay than most as far as my experience.

It is also familiar and they pretty much leave me alone. I also live in a rural area where jobs in the "outside world" are terrible pay as well, without many benefits, and with the costs of commuting I would not end up any better off unfortunately.

That being said, I really do wonder why Nuance can't even be bothered to send a freaking Christmas card, you know? Disgraceful. I wonder if the Indian employees get any recognition of their holidays. Even a stinking email, really! The smaller companies always at least let you know you're appreciated, but not Scrooge Nuance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)