Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Tired - Old Pro

Posted: Dec 11th, 2015 - 10:23 pm In Reply to: Old Pro -- - Tired

What you say is true. I know two different single mothers (each had one child who at the time were in their teenage years) and when the recession of 2008, the company they worked for gave everybody a 10% pay cut. I understand how inflation can hurt a business, I really do. And I know MTs today who are having things taken away--PTO, vision care, and other "little" benefits that add up to a big loss. I am just glad that I am a frugal person and have never been a "fashionista" or otherwise into an expensive lifestyle. I do love to travel, but know how to do so on the cheap. But I see all of these young people today (and to me, 30 and 40 are young!:)) and see how the big corporations are putting it to them. It really makes me sad (and mad, too), but I do not know a solution. I am just grateful that I have canines instead of human children. I feel so sorry for the single parents especially in this economy. And the fat cat corporate bigwigs probably sleep soundly, never giving the wellbeing of those who are earning money for them a second thought. Okay, it's late, even in California and so I will sign off.
/rant off

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)