Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Just Excuses - Old Pro

Posted: Dec 11th, 2015 - 11:32 am In Reply to: Just - Excuses

You are spot on! Any MTSO worth his or her salt has a line of credit at their business bank to draw on to meet the costs of doing business. MTs do not/should not share the costs of hardware, software, engineering, technical support, CPAs, attorneys, etc. All of that is on the MTSO (and, if it is a public company, the investors/stockholders). Even as small as I was, when I started my business, I went to a business bank, took my financial statement and my business plan, and obtained a business loan with which to fund our offices, equipment, staffing needs, etc. when I was a start-up. To ask/expect MTs to share in these costs is ludicrous. If I had received an answer such as the OP did, I would ask them if they planned on cutting me in on any dividends/profits, since I was also putting "sweat equity" and salary sacrifices into the mix. You are either an MTSO (in which case you bear all the costs) or an MT (in which case you work for an agreed upon--and hopefully FAIR--cpl and benefits). I would have to wonder how long this company has been in business? It would be interesting to talk to someone who actually works for/has worked for them. Maybe they could give a completely different and certainly more accurate picture than we can get from their reply to you. It could be that they are the best company in the world to work for and that just doesn't come across in their communications, but I am really concerned when an MTSO wants the MTs to make sacrifices. That is kind of like saying, "Well, I drive a Lincoln (in reality I don't), and I see you sitting there waiting for the bus, but I still expect you to sacrifice so I can have my fancy car." Sorry, you can't have it both ways. If I were 30 years younger, I would start another MT service and would now--as I did then--base it upon treating people fairly and the way I would like to be treated. You know, that "Golden Rule" kind of thing? I am enough of an idealist that I think that some way, some how, that way works better. In any event, the bottom line of this old lady (who has been in various parts of the biz since 1968!)is that MTs should not be made to share in the cost of funding the business. They should give the very best they can in terms of quality and quantity, be cooperative, and be a team player, yes, all of all of those. But share in the costs? No way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)