Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

They need to go to grammar school! - Old Pro

Posted: Dec 11th, 2015 - 11:20 am In Reply to: Response to my e-mail. - Tired

This company actually said, "Well, OBVIOUS," instead of 'Well, OBVIOUSLY?" I would never "grammar cop" another MT, but truly, if this is the way they handle business correspondence, hmmmm.......I actually found their reply to be rather lacking. There are other errors as well, but I am not going to QA for them for free ;)- However, more serious than the occasional grammatical flub is their attitude, which seems to border on being hostile. "Please get acquainted with the real world" sounds pretty passive aggressive to me. Frankly, they do not sound like a company I would want to work for. They may well be the best people in the world for all I know, but my reaction to their response on paper was "Really?" Thank you for posting this. Maybe you just dodged a bullet. As my mother used to say,"It takes all kinds to make a world." I do hope that you can find a company that will treat you with respect, pay you what you are worth, and recognize MTs as the professionals that they are. Happy holidays to you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)