Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

I'd have to say the same thing--go elsewhere. - Tired

Posted: Dec 2nd, 2015 - 5:03 pm In Reply to: Nuance offer - My

If you are doing independent contractor work, likely your pay is no better than that for an employee. Your pay will not, repeat NOT, be made up to minimum wage if you make one little error on a short report that is audited. For the first little while, you will probably not make minimum wage, period -- I'd guess for around a month, but maybe two months until you get an ear for the account they give you. You will also not get any benefits, nor will you get any unemployment or any workers' compensation. Working as an IC for Nuance would be the worst of the worst. Don't do it.

This work should be paid at least $15.00 an hour. If hamburger flippers can ask for that, we should too. In fact, even more. If they aren't paying you at least 30% more than what that laughable pay grid they instituted a year ago is, they are taking advantage of you. I'm assuming they told you they have a grid and everybody determines their own pay? Yeah, right. You have no control over how many ESL's you get, or for that matter, how long your account (that you had an ear for and could go faster on)is going to last, or who is going to audit you for such "mistakes" as "postop versus postoperative." And they cut you no slack whatsoever for being put on a new account that you are unfamiliar with. They will continue to mark off errors for everything including nitpicking such as the example above.

My thoughts: Absolutely stay away from Nuance. Let the Indians do it. In fact I have a suspicion that no way are they treated as harshly as we are. I do think they are just as dissatisfied with their pay, though.

Is this worth it? I don't think so. Nobody should have to work for less than minimum wage even at the beginning while they are learning, nor should anyone have to work for minimum wage (or less) for doing this work, which is skilled work -- not hamburger or taco "flipping." Even the Taco Time here pays $12.00 an hour to start and that's more than I get half the time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)