Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

Researching schools/certification - serenity

Posted: Nov 24th, 2015 - 4:52 pm In Reply to: Might be helpful to you! - puzzled

It sounds like you got some inaccurate information. When I was researching schools and certifications, I contacted AHIMA and AAPC to confirm some schools' claims.

AHIMA doesn't have a list of which programs will allow you to take the CCS w/o experience. They won't even look at the coding program courses to help you determine whether the program meets the educational requirement. That being the case, any school can say you can take the CCS. AHIMA won't confirm or deny whether it's true.

AAPC told me that although you can sit for the CPC, if you only have coding education and no experience the highest certification you can get is a CPC-A. You can't get a CPC based on education alone. The only way to get the "A" removed is to send a letter showing you have 1 years experience (in addition to the coding program).

There's probably a reason why most programs won't make those types of statements.

You might want to contact AHIMA or AAPC and make sure you can actually get the degree you want.

In the end, I went to my local community college. They were the most trustworthy choice for me and I could get a federal student loan and have access to their employment contacts.

Not "happy" to correct you but I don't want you to be let down if your expectations aren't met.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)