Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Point of view - mom22

Posted: Nov 10th, 2015 - 7:22 am In Reply to: Congrats ... - MTinGA

I take offense to your statement that this board is for complaining mostly. Perhaps that is your view; however, from mine, I find it nice knowing I'm not the only one struggling.

As for your advice, I'd say it's spot on. Yes, if you have experience, are not afraid to work on multiple accounts, then you might be fine. However, the fact is that, at least on this platform - and across board with the other MTs I work with - if you do well with QC for too long, they make sure to audit you more. Now, even then, I assume I'm going to make 7 cents a line, as I am a pessimist to begin with and feel it works well for me in this situation because if I get more, and I do, I'm just happily surprised. However, you have to have work there, and I am consistently out. And in that situation, I think I can complain loudly.

That's great that you like your job. I liked my job before it became Nuance. And honestly, these accounts came with the company I was with, so I know exactly how much work they produce. So unless every single one of them takes week long vacations, at the same time, the work is going somewhere else.

Perhaps other companies are like this too. It's just that in my 30 years of experience, I've never seen one who has such disregard for loyal and hard working employees, of which I have been for the past 8 years.

So if I complain too loudly for your ears, please excuse me. When you're worried whether you can afford to pay your child's field trip and have to scrounge through the change in the bottom of your purse because you had 3 days of being out of work at less than $8/hr, then maybe you would understand. And it's nice to know you can turn here and some people will understand and make you feel less alone.

Just my two cents.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)