Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I agree with everything said above - mtmom

Posted: Oct 28th, 2015 - 10:19 pm In Reply to: You have to be prepared to do battle if they challenge you. - echomt

When discussing a contract in the hiring process you can give them a window or a production minimum. They KNOW they cannot hold you to a schedule if you are an independent contractor, but they count on you not knowing that. I have turned down many offers because we could not come to terms on windows or production minimums. I think that is just as helpful as getting a contract. If more of us told them what they are expecting is not reasonable, we might make it better for others. Also having multiple contracts is a bit of an insurance policy, if someone wants to threaten to end my contract if I don't do what they want, my response can be, "If that is what you want, that is okay with me." I love the stunned silence when that happens, and only once in 30 years has someone actually terminated my contract.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)