Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Independent contractors fight back - Doing okay

Posted: Oct 27th, 2015 - 10:47 am In Reply to: You may be doing okay but some depend on MT jobs for paying bills - Not part time

Let me make myself clear here. I depend on my business for paying bills. I am a single mother. I have raised a child, paid my bills and maintained my household solely on what I made. I have worked long hours, nights and weekends. Having 3 part time contracts constitutes committing about 60 hours a week. I do not sit back and whine about not being paid enough. I go out and make it happen.

I need to add, I have had many conversations with companies offering me less than I was willing to agree to. I have been told, "If you don't want to do it, there are 1000 others out there who will." If those 1000 people didn't accept the low wage, they would have no choice but to increase it. If you can deliver quality work, you deserve to be paid for it. No company out there is going to give higher pay if we continue to accept the lower wage.

There are plenty of opportunities out there who pay a more reasonable rate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)