Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Supervisors: You can't be leaving so many bla.. (Views: 47)

This is exactly what I have been doing most of this year. - echomt

Posted: Oct 28th, 2015 - 3:36 pm In Reply to: Independent contractors fight back - Doing okay

I currently have 4 contracts but am letting one of them go as all I ever get from them when I log in is work with dictators that should be shot rather than helped to provide the accurate healthcare documentation they are mandated to provide. That will leave me with 3 contracts, all part time, to float back and forth between to get in the amount of work I need to survive. If there's no work with one, I just move on to the next, and if there's no work with any company at any given time that is the first and last time that day I am likely to check in on them. I work when I want and only if I want. I meet the minimums (not all of them have minimums to meet), and I do not allow any of them to tell me when to work and when not to. It's my business, and I am my own boss and I decide when I am going to work and when I'm not going to work. This idea that they all need to have some sort of work schedule commitment to be able to provide the TAT for the clients is a bunch of nonsense that MTSOs try and use to justify controlling you as an employee without having to pay the taxes and offer the benefits that go with the territory. They can require a minimum amount of production from me, but I'm the one who is going to decide what days and what times of the day or night I get those lines in. I will not allow them to have any say in that part of it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)