Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Independent contractors fight back - Doing okay

Posted: Oct 26th, 2015 - 11:58 pm

I say it is time for independent contractors to act like business people.  If you have a contract with one company, that does not prevent you from having a contract with another company, or two.  You pick your hours and you sign a contract to what you agree to be paid.  Personally I have contracts with 3 companies right now.  If they want my services exclusively, they have to make me an employee.  If they run out of work, I check the next one, and so on.  They are all part-time contracts, so I easily stay busy as much or as little as I want to. If all independent contractors actied like they are in business (which you are), maybe the companies would get the idea that we are not their employees, we are their business associates.  No business can be successful with just one client. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)