Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Doing okay - Old Pro

Posted: Oct 27th, 2015 - 1:04 am In Reply to: Independent contractors fight back - Doing okay

You sound like one smart cookie! You have the knowledge that people need to have to be ICs. It just drives me nuts when people say "What do I need to do to be an IC, what about taxes, what abous a business license, etc." Well, what they do is arrange a conference with a CPA and get things set up like a business. I think one of the things that gets in some people's way is that they think that because they do this job at home, they can be less serious about it. Not everyone is that way, of course, but some people just do not have the knowledge--or the will to link up with people who can give them the knowledge--of how to run a small business. And yes, a sole proprietorship is a small business, every bit as much as the Bank of America is a huge business. Where I live (a huge city), there are a lot of free groups for women in business, people who will walk people through the setting up of a business, making contracts, introduce them to VC's, etc. That is always a good investment of time. Anyway, it is good to see someone who runs her business like a business!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)