Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Explanation and suggestion - Annoyed, too, but ...

Posted: Oct 26th, 2015 - 8:34 am In Reply to: I really understand your post, happens - to me all the time, hate it

Healthcare providers make reminder calls because of the large number of no-shows they have.

Federal telecommunications law pertains to harassing and threatening calls. The restriction on calls to employers, I believe, pertains to creditors, not doctors' calling about appointments. It also pertains to calling the employer's number, not your own phone that you have redefined as a work number while you are working.

If you do not want calls to a particular number, just do not give it out. Give them your cell number instead. It is a simple matter to turn off the ring tone and let your calls go to voicemail. You can also set your phone to ring a special tone for family and friends, and ignore everything else.

If you really feel that an office is badgering you unnecessarily, simply list the dates and times of the calls in a letter to the doctor or administrator. They might want to implement more efficient methods.

Responding in a disruptive, angry, conflict-generating manner, encourages others to see you as a disruptive, angry, conflict-prone person. If you enjoy being angry and want others to think you are a screaming harpie, fine, but don't complain about the way others treat you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)