Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing Today's Top Viewed: OVER.. (Views: 36)

Very Well Said! I know Andrews View on it Because I Asked - I also have good notes

Posted: Aug 28th, 2015 - 8:37 am In Reply to: Two comments on that - Coder

I can tell you what Andrews says when you call them because I have good notes on the main points.

Linda said that the MT industry is having big problems right now and she isn̢۪t recommending it for most people, even though it seems to be going well in Canada, so they will teach it to those who plan to work in Canada. There are also some really fine employers who still send and even pay for people to attend Andrews for MT training for specific purposes. There were a couple of other exceptions, but for most people Linda isn̢۪t recommending it right now. That could change, but she says there are no signs of that happening at this point in time.

MT used to pay 10 to 13 cents per line and now it̢۪s down to 3 or 4 cents, lots of stress, pressure, and hours of vary hard, fast typing to make any money, and then many times they run out of work so the MTs can̢۪t qualify for incentive pay or bonuses.

I also was considering coding but thought that it couldn't be done from home. It turns out that it can and the week of the conversation 4 of her graduates had been hired as remote coders as their first coding jobs. She said that the fact that her graduates usually have both CPC and CCS credentials helps give them more options than people without credentials who took shorter, introductory-style courses.

The other schools are not telling the whole story. They were happy to take my money. Andrews was up front about it and because they are, they've saved lots of people from getting hurt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)