Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Can everyone give me their opinion about part "part timers" - New

Posted: Aug 10th, 2015 - 10:58 pm

Okay, I think this may open up a can of worms, but here goes:

I worked many, many years as a transcriptionist. I was always super full-time and extremely punctual in my home office, worked long hours, pitched in on weekends and later past my shift, and was overall very happy and very helpful.

BUT, I have an issue with part timers. I have little respect for them. I know many of them have issues, as they have said on this board before, and I feel for some of you. I can't believe all the part-timers have medical issues or "issues" at home, and that is what is irking me.

I believe full timers are the essence of this industry. The minute part-timers were allowed to stroll in, flex around, work completely off the grid/clock of their normal shift, the suits did not know what to do and had a hard time with coverage. It put a lot of pressure on us full timers who were the meat and potatoes of this industry. Without us, the part timers would have never had a job.

It would be similar to having a small business, say a sandwich shop, and my part-timer came in and flexed when she "had to." In the REAL world, you either can work or not, not this kinda workin' thing I see alarmingly all too often on this board.

I am not going to apologize for saying this, but this industry has such a motley crew and mixed bag of employees that I actually am glad it is dwindling down. Many years ago I quit AAMT due to name change, not because I care about the prior name, but because I thought if that's the best they can come up with, why support them with donations and go to their meetings. It seems this whole industry was just a mom, put some extra cash aside with working and flexin' whenever I feel up to it or the arthritis stops.

You cannot expect security and good money, or even decent money as a hobbled employee. There are cuts in your pay you will take for this luxury. I know I will get a bunch of thumbs down on this post, but it really is bizarre how some of you can defend your physical issues with why you still work in this industry, etc. There is a significant disconnect in this industry, and the suits take advantage of it. Why are so many of you afraid to work in an office environment, etc? I just don't get it.  I blame some of you as to why I quit and had to gulp, OMG, actually put on some decent clothes and gulp, OMG be around people.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)