Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: gall bladder surgery.. (Views: 43)

No, it is not a way out of MT - sm

Posted: Aug 8th, 2015 - 9:28 pm In Reply to: Advice on EMR class - SmallMT

I do not recommend EHR classes as a way out of MT, because BY THEMSELVES they do not lead to a job.

There was a big federal push on this several years ago. Class materials were made available for free. A few colleges offered them on scholarships. The only people I know who took them and USE the learning now are people already working in HIM, informatics, nursing informatics, coding, etc. They already had a job and added to it. I am one of those people who took them ... I know.

It is unlikely that you can take the classes and get a job with them alone. They do not offer all that you will need for a new job and there are no jobs for this in MT.

The class materials are available to you for free on the internet. You can find them by googling. If you do that, yes, they will benefit you. Any learning will benefit you, especially if it is free.

You do not need to pay some rip-off artist for them. Yes, I mean rip-off artist, too. There are loads of online "schools" that are using that course material and charging for it.

There ARE jobs working with EHRs. You could get them with a degree in HIM and informatics. Western Governors University has a very good one, and they are reasonably priced, not a for profit or diploma mill.

If that is too much for you at first, your next best bet is coding. Yup, coding. Salaries are excellent if you have the right credentials and you can turn right around and start working on a degree in HIM -- and afford it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • Advice on EMR class - SmallMT (Views: 622, 2015-08-08, 7:47 pm)
    • No, it is not a way out of MT - sm
      • EHR classes - SmallMT (Views: 338, 2015-08-09, 5:11 pm)
        • Why? - Coder (Views: 339, 2015-08-09, 7:30 pm)