Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Writing to the President - Good luck

Posted: Aug 8th, 2015 - 10:29 am In Reply to: I wrote Obama and got action - Nancy

I admire that you want to make changes but Obama is leaving office soon and probably doesn't want to take on any new projects. Also, outsourcing is a huge issue and affects many occupations, not just MT, I think it is probably too late to reverse that trend. The EMR legislation began with Bush and was supposed to have been fully implemented last year. HIPAA violations are on a case by case basis and you would need specifics, not just that medical records are being sent overseas. If you need to file a report, there are very specific steps to take but you need documentation. Any MTSO who sends work offshore needs to be HIiPAA compliant, it's in their contract with the facility. The other instances cited here have been more individual cases, but you are talking about a very big issue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)