Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: Coding.. (Views: 47)

You will see a big not so nice surprise - all smiles

Posted: Aug 5th, 2015 - 9:06 pm In Reply to: Well, well, well...soon Mr. Ricci will have to make public - the gap between his pay and ours

When companies consider the 'compensation' to employees, you'll be surprised to find out that many 'hidden' costs are considered compensation although we never see it.

1) Payroll taxes (their share).

2) Medicare taxes (their share).

3) Long-term and short-term disability.

4) Medical insurance premiums.

5) Other insurance premiums (insurance against employee theft, employee HIPAA violations, etc.).

5) Of course, other intangibles that have monetary value but are rarely ever utilized by the employee.

This was quite a shock to me when my annual salary was $40,000 but the financial statement that came out showed my compensation at $51,000. I asked where was the extra $11,000. Well, that was broken down into the above.

Some companies will go so far as to list the headphones, footpedals, the value of 'free' IT support, etc.

Padding the compensation to close the gap. It is very likely that the compensation will not be broken down into the various categories but just lumped together.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)