Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Coding.. (Views: 33)

QA - job security - Peppermint Patti

Posted: Jul 20th, 2015 - 2:22 pm In Reply to: Dear QA Person... - Long Time MT

I owned my own company and then worked for other companies after losing mine to EMR. I always had at least a 99% in English in school and a 4.0 in my MT course. I did my own proofreading for new MTs and then just spot checked after that to assure quality. I sent out biannual surveys to rate the company's performance and each individual MT and left it up to the physician if they were happy or not and then go from there. QAs would not have a job if they did not "find" errors and the nitpicking that goes on is amazing! The last company I worked for editing for an Indian physician and I was given "samples" of the previous reports and when I used the word that was on the sample, I was told "it is JUST A SAMPLE and THAT IS ALL IT IS." So glad I don't work there anymore because if you go by the sample you are given and it is wrong then they can get somebody else to drive crazy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)