A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

urinary tract stone procedure - NDMT

Posted: Mar 30, 2012

Patient with urinary tract problems.  Doc says, "Patient has had percutaneous stone removal and s/l  "ESAB welll." I'm not sure if I'm hearing the ESAB part right or even the "welll" part. Don't know if it a procedure or a device or neither. Anyone know?

never mind - NDMT

[ In Reply To ..]
It's ESWL. He was drawing out the "W" sound (douBle-you).

ERCP, maybe. - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Renal Stone, Staghorn, And 6 Mm Low Stone Requiring...
Jun 12, 2010

Renal stone, Staghorn, and 6 mm low stone requiring s/l fis tell and right stent placed. ...

Procedure Report For Nuclear Medicine Procedure, And After All Is Set To Go, PROCEDURE IS ABORTED.
Oct 08, 2010

PROCEDURE PERFORMED:  Brachytherapy implant. Now, where does "PROCEDURE ABORTED" go, so patient isnt charged for it, etc, and no errors are made? And, should it be all caps? In name of procedure or as a separate "Please Note:" Its dictated as name of procedure but Dr. is indecisive and stutters dictation ambiguously. ...

Procedure Of Ankle Sx,, S/l Brostin, Berostin, Perostin Procedure
Oct 24, 2009

I have a patient who had a px of her ankle. The doctor did not give any hx of injury or any symptoms, just stated that she had a left ankle arthroscopy and what sounds like a Brostin procedure of her ankle? Anyone ever hear of this? Thank you so much in advance! Forgive my giddiness today but I havent' had a lot of sleep in the past several days and I do get giddy with little sleep. For some reason, one of my mom's most famous sayings just came to mind: "From the day of your ...

Urinary Retention
Dec 23, 2010

Pt had hernia surgery, now having urinary retention.  Doc says "we did not INSTRUMENT the bladder, therefore, do not believe secondary to infection."  I understand what he means here, but just never heard it worded this way.  Could this be what he is saying?  Any other ideas?    ...

Wound Tract
May 09, 2011

The operative note indicates that the wound tracked into the flexor hallucis longus channel. Would this be correct?  I know it is wound tract, but I don't think tracted is a word. ...

Tract Or Track
May 04, 2014

A tract or track of lidocaine was used to numb.  ...

Urinary Catheters
Jul 16, 2014

patient is using a ?stro catheter?  Cannot find anything like it. ...

Tract Or Track Question...sm
Nov 07, 2009

The sacral decubitus ulcer was then marked with a marking pen and an elliptical excision was made with a scalpel so as to completely excise the ulcer itself and the *tract/track* which was extending several centimeters proximally. ...

Pin Tract Or Pin Track Infection
Feb 19, 2012

Can anyone tell me which is the proper way to type "pin tract or pin track infection"? Thanks! ...

Shunt Tract Or Track
Dec 20, 2012

shunt tract or track? ...

Track Versus Tract
Apr 22, 2013

HELP! We can never keep this straight....when do you use track and when do you use tract? ...

Patient With Urinary Incontinence. Will Trial S/l Doc-za-sa-sin.
Nov 06, 2009

TIA. ...

Drug S/l Urcolon 25 Mg. PMH Of HTN And Urinary Frequency.
Sep 08, 2010

x ...

Anyone Know A Cleanser For Urinary Catheter S/l Luafax??
Oct 09, 2010

.. ...

Urinary Wheat Histo Antigen
Apr 04, 2013

is there a test called urinary wheat histo antigen? I can't find it anywhere and the word that is throwing me off is the wheat. ...

Pt Scores Himself As A 13 Out Of 15 On S/l AY-WAYS Score With Urinary Incontinence. Nm
Jun 10, 2010

:) ...

Pt. With Urinary Incontinence. It Could Be That Her Renal Function Is Progressing And She Is Becomi
Oct 15, 2009

Thanks guys ...

Drug S/l Corvella 3 Grams Pt Has History Of Urinary Incontinence, DVT
Apr 01, 2012

x ...

Upper Respiratory Tract Type Infections With *carizor* Or Cough. Thanks. Nm
Jan 05, 2010

nm ...

Urinary Retention With Sensation Of S/l Urulum Prostatic Dur Itro Stent
Feb 04, 2010

I'm lost on this one!! Urinary retention with sensation of s/l urulum prostatic dur itro stent ...

Can't Find Word Doctor Even Wrote It Out Pancreatobiliary Tract??? Ever Heard Of This??
Jun 04, 2010

Laser Lithotripsy Of Stone
Aug 30, 2010

Could "purchase" be the correct word in this sentence? The stone break-up procedure took much longer than usual due to the positioning of the stone and the difficulty with getting (purchase) on the stone. Thanks so much! ...

ESL Doc - There Is Some Granulation Along The S/l Trach-eo-stone
Jan 31, 2011

x ...

Kidney Stone Pressure
Jul 18, 2011

The patient has known kidney stones. The doc says . . . . "He compalined of s/l thick-a-ties pressure and pain running down to his left testicle and left flank . . ." ...

S/L Gold Stone Mass...see More
Mar 25, 2014

Patient with tonsillar cancer.   A (gold stone) mass in the left angle of the jaw is smaller.  ...

Paging All Dr. MTs - Kidney Stone/prostatitis
Nov 12, 2009

My husband was having rust colored urine and suprapubic and abdominal pain.  He went to doc who said he had infected prostatitis.  Issue 1 is that he did have an affair some years back and I've read that his kind of prostatitis is kind of rare (about 20%) and this truly could be the case but it also said it could be caused by an STD.  Anyone know anything about this?   I hope it's not syphylis (I can never spell that word right) because symptoms ...

Caliceal Or Calyceal Stone, I Have Seen Both Ways, Which Is The
Feb 20, 2013

preferred way. ...

Woo Hoo! Employee Perks Has Rosetta Stone ...
Apr 17, 2015

Wonder if they have MD-SLUR, STAMMER and SLURP edition? Or perhaps ESL levels 1-999? ...

However, By This Time The Stone Then Appeared To Be Very Lateral In S/l *kaylex*?
Apr 26, 2010

. ...

S/l Stone Fragments For Crystal Graft Analysis
Oct 08, 2014

Hi everyone I am doing a laser lithotripsy and stone extraction.  When the doctor mentions the specimen, it sounds like he is saying Specimen: stone fragments for s/l crystal graft analysis.  I would appreciate any input you may have.  this one is driving me nuts... ...