A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

s/l stone fragments for crystal graft analysis - Gigi

Posted: Oct 08, 2014

Hi everyone I am doing a laser lithotripsy and stone extraction.  When the doctor mentions the specimen, it sounds like he is saying Specimen: stone fragments for s/l crystal graft analysis.  I would appreciate any input you may have.  this one is driving me nuts...

SM - research

[ In Reply To ..]
"The most common crystalline materials found in kidney stones are calcium oxalate, calcium phosphate, uric acid, and struvite. It is not uncommon for a stone to contain more than one crystalline component. Noncrystalline materials found in stones include proteins and blood. Some laboratories report the composition of the nidus (if present) separately from the composition of the body of the stone.

INDIVIDUAL CRYSTALLINE COMPONENTS

Calcium oxalate and calcium phosphate"

See if any of the above words match your sounds like word.

crystallographic analysis - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Similar Messages:

Renal Stone, Staghorn, And 6 Mm Low Stone Requiring...
Jun 12, 2010

Renal stone, Staghorn, and 6 mm low stone requiring s/l fis tell and right stent placed. ...

Specimen Is S/l Receipt S/l Informa And Consists Of 2 Fragments Of Soft Tissue
Oct 24, 2009

Maybe someone can help. The specimen is s/l receipt s/l informa and consists of 2 fragments of soft tissue.  The larger is a gray-white rubbery piece of epidermal tissue with a central yellow to gray slightly hemorrhagic ulcer. ...

S/l Crystal
Dec 02, 2009

Migratory joint effusion in the foot without obvious s/l crystal on arthropathy.   The patient's diagnosis is effusion, second MP joint. tia. ...

Where To Buy A VR Crystal Ball?
Feb 14, 2013

Apparently in addition to transcribing, acute listening, and translating . . . now I'm supposed to have ESP skills to know what they MEANT to say even if it is strictly "verbatim," there is a gray area we are to instinctively know called, "Transcription clairvoyance, what the dictator meant to say." Hey, they can't have it both ways - if verbatim is what they demand, verbatim is what they get unless that dictator directs me to change what was said all of the creepy stuff stays! I c ...

Crystal-clear Doctor Having To Spell Everything Out.
Mar 18, 2012

I had the very pleasant experience of getting a crystal-clear American doctor speaking perfect English, but he was spelling many ordinary words and medications, which tells me he's probably been having some bad reports coming back.  He didn't sound like a newbie resident, who do tend to spell a lot of things.  It makes me wonder just how bad some of the reports are if this very clear-speaking doctor is having a problem. ...

Genetic Analysis
Apr 12, 2010

I work on oncology notes.  Lately, I have had more and more descriptions involving genetic analysis, such as FISH analysis, with terms like "19q14 regions" and "manipulation of DNA repair enzymes", etc.  I need something to help me with this.  Everytime I Google it, I end up with a lot of closed medical journal articles I cannot access.  Anyone got any ideas???  ...

Foot Mascade Analysis
Apr 03, 2013

Anyone heard of A computerized foot s/l mascade analysis? ...

Type Of Analysis For Nipple Discharge
Feb 10, 2011

It s/l he is saying sublogic or subologic analysis. ...who developed left nipple bleeding while on antiplatelet therapy for coronary artery disease with intracoronary stent placement with (subologic) analysis of nipple discharge from the left breast demonstrating findings consistent with a papillary lesion. Thanks. ...

Urine Analysis Versus Urinalysis--is There Any Difference?
Dec 30, 2009

I think this doctor might be saying "urine analysis" as there seems to be a slight pause between the two words.  I've always gone with "urinalysis," so I'm wondering if there is any significant difference between the two terms.  Anybody know? ...

Laser Lithotripsy Of Stone
Aug 30, 2010

Could "purchase" be the correct word in this sentence? The stone break-up procedure took much longer than usual due to the positioning of the stone and the difficulty with getting (purchase) on the stone. Thanks so much! ...

ESL Doc - There Is Some Granulation Along The S/l Trach-eo-stone
Jan 31, 2011

x ...

Kidney Stone Pressure
Jul 18, 2011

The patient has known kidney stones. The doc says . . . . "He compalined of s/l thick-a-ties pressure and pain running down to his left testicle and left flank . . ." ...

S/L Gold Stone Mass...see More
Mar 25, 2014

Patient with tonsillar cancer.   A (gold stone) mass in the left angle of the jaw is smaller.  ...

Paging All Dr. MTs - Kidney Stone/prostatitis
Nov 12, 2009

My husband was having rust colored urine and suprapubic and abdominal pain.  He went to doc who said he had infected prostatitis.  Issue 1 is that he did have an affair some years back and I've read that his kind of prostatitis is kind of rare (about 20%) and this truly could be the case but it also said it could be caused by an STD.  Anyone know anything about this?   I hope it's not syphylis (I can never spell that word right) because symptoms ...

Urinary Tract Stone Procedure
Mar 30, 2012

Patient with urinary tract problems.  Doc says, "Patient has had percutaneous stone removal and s/l  "ESAB welll." I'm not sure if I'm hearing the ESAB part right or even the "welll" part. Don't know if it a procedure or a device or neither. Anyone know? ...

Caliceal Or Calyceal Stone, I Have Seen Both Ways, Which Is The
Feb 20, 2013

preferred way. ...

Woo Hoo! Employee Perks Has Rosetta Stone ...
Apr 17, 2015

Wonder if they have MD-SLUR, STAMMER and SLURP edition? Or perhaps ESL levels 1-999? ...

Vascular: "Holster Crystal Embolization" To The Eye
May 16, 2010

Thanks   ...

However, By This Time The Stone Then Appeared To Be Very Lateral In S/l *kaylex*?
Apr 26, 2010

. ...

Disc Versus Disk? Back In The Stone Ages When I First Became An MT
Jul 17, 2014

I was told disc when referring to optic discs and disk when referring to the spine.  Then I believe the standard was changed to disc for everything.  I just recently started a new job where I was pinged for using disc in a lumbar steroid injection report by my supervisor who told me to use disk for the spine.  So which is correct?  I can't keep up since they put a new book of style every other year. Thanks! ...

Under Radiology: S/l "B Motor" And Doppler Analysis Targeted To Portal System.
Jul 13, 2010

x ...

Patient Has Kohler's Disease Of The Right Foot. Whether This Is S/l(stone Na Claps) Stage Or O
Oct 31, 2011

Patient has Kohler's disease of the right foot.  Whether this is s/l(stone na claps) stage or on into the healing stage, it is difficult to ascertain at this point.   TIA ...

Tudaplast Graft?
May 19, 2011

Used in eardrum perforation - thanks! ...

6 X 15 S/l PMs Or PMx ACell Graft
Oct 02, 2012

supposed to help with wound healing. Thank you! ...

***s/l Fee-b-x*** Bone Graft?...appreciate Any Help
Mar 06, 2013

nm ...

Aortic S/l *Zena* Graft?
Mar 10, 2010

. ...

Prosidigrel??? After A Vein Graft
Apr 03, 2010

I have searched for various spellings and even tried wild card and nothing.  He has been changed from Plavix therapy to Persidogril???? or something like that.   Thanks for any help. ...

Osteoseal Bone Graft?
Apr 11, 2011

applied to the right tibia - any clues? ...

React Bone Graft?
Nov 11, 2012

FOLLOW-UP:  Right arm and hip.  Repair of nonunion of the right radial shaft fracture with ----- bone grafting.   Sounds like react? bone grafting but I cannot find that anywhere.  Thank you. ...

*Alteece* Spray For A Skin Graft Nm
Dec 18, 2009

nm ...