A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

urinary retention - 1mt

Posted: Dec 23, 2010

Pt had hernia surgery, now having urinary retention.  Doc says "we did not INSTRUMENT the bladder, therefore, do not believe secondary to infection."  I understand what he means here, but just never heard it worded this way.  Could this be what he is saying?  Any other ideas?   

They say that all the time. It is perfectly fine to - type it that way. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Thanks much! - 1mt

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Urinary Retention With Sensation Of S/l Urulum Prostatic Dur Itro Stent
Feb 04, 2010

I'm lost on this one!! Urinary retention with sensation of s/l urulum prostatic dur itro stent ...

Plan For Fluid Retention?
Dec 03, 2010

Hi everyone, thanks for looking at this. I have a discharge summary with a patient with volume overload, renal failure, and electrolyte imbalances, among others. This is an ARNP dictating, and in the plan, she dictates 1500 mL fluid retention. She specifically says retention, but that isn't something they try to do, right? I think it should be fluid restriction, but I don't know if I should change it or flag it. What do you think? Thanks! ...

Mucous/mucus Retention Cysts
Nov 16, 2009

Is mucus acting as an adjective here or as a noun? ...

Urinary Catheters
Jul 16, 2014

patient is using a ?stro catheter?  Cannot find anything like it. ...

Patient With Urinary Incontinence. Will Trial S/l Doc-za-sa-sin.
Nov 06, 2009

TIA. ...

Drug S/l Urcolon 25 Mg. PMH Of HTN And Urinary Frequency.
Sep 08, 2010

x ...

Anyone Know A Cleanser For Urinary Catheter S/l Luafax??
Oct 09, 2010

.. ...

Urinary Tract Stone Procedure
Mar 30, 2012

Patient with urinary tract problems.  Doc says, "Patient has had percutaneous stone removal and s/l  "ESAB welll." I'm not sure if I'm hearing the ESAB part right or even the "welll" part. Don't know if it a procedure or a device or neither. Anyone know? ...

Urinary Wheat Histo Antigen
Apr 04, 2013

is there a test called urinary wheat histo antigen? I can't find it anywhere and the word that is throwing me off is the wheat. ...

Pt Scores Himself As A 13 Out Of 15 On S/l AY-WAYS Score With Urinary Incontinence. Nm
Jun 10, 2010

:) ...

Pt. With Urinary Incontinence. It Could Be That Her Renal Function Is Progressing And She Is Becomi
Oct 15, 2009

Thanks guys ...

Drug S/l Corvella 3 Grams Pt Has History Of Urinary Incontinence, DVT
Apr 01, 2012

x ...