A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Kidney stone pressure - MSmt

Posted: Jul 18, 2011

The patient has known kidney stones.

The doc says . . . . "He compalined of s/l thick-a-ties pressure and pain running down to his left testicle and left flank . . ."

NM got it. - MSmt

[ In Reply To ..]
thanks

Similar Messages:

Paging All Dr. MTs - Kidney Stone/prostatitis
Nov 12, 2009

My husband was having rust colored urine and suprapubic and abdominal pain.  He went to doc who said he had infected prostatitis.  Issue 1 is that he did have an affair some years back and I've read that his kind of prostatitis is kind of rare (about 20%) and this truly could be the case but it also said it could be caused by an STD.  Anyone know anything about this?   I hope it's not syphylis (I can never spell that word right) because symptoms ...

Renal Stone, Staghorn, And 6 Mm Low Stone Requiring...
Jun 12, 2010

Renal stone, Staghorn, and 6 mm low stone requiring s/l fis tell and right stent placed. ...

Normopressure, Normo-pressure Or Normal Pressure
Jan 29, 2010

hydrocephalus?  ...

S/l Box Kidney/boxed Kidney
Feb 02, 2012

The patient was referred for left-sided hydronephrosis and a CT scan was dictated as consistent with a UPJ obstruction.  Upon my review of the films, the picture did not appear to be consistent with a classic UPJ obstruction (it was not a box kidney).   TIA!!! :) ...

Laser Lithotripsy Of Stone
Aug 30, 2010

Could "purchase" be the correct word in this sentence? The stone break-up procedure took much longer than usual due to the positioning of the stone and the difficulty with getting (purchase) on the stone. Thanks so much! ...

ESL Doc - There Is Some Granulation Along The S/l Trach-eo-stone
Jan 31, 2011

x ...

S/L Gold Stone Mass...see More
Mar 25, 2014

Patient with tonsillar cancer.   A (gold stone) mass in the left angle of the jaw is smaller.  ...

Urinary Tract Stone Procedure
Mar 30, 2012

Patient with urinary tract problems.  Doc says, "Patient has had percutaneous stone removal and s/l  "ESAB welll." I'm not sure if I'm hearing the ESAB part right or even the "welll" part. Don't know if it a procedure or a device or neither. Anyone know? ...

Caliceal Or Calyceal Stone, I Have Seen Both Ways, Which Is The
Feb 20, 2013

preferred way. ...

Woo Hoo! Employee Perks Has Rosetta Stone ...
Apr 17, 2015

Wonder if they have MD-SLUR, STAMMER and SLURP edition? Or perhaps ESL levels 1-999? ...

However, By This Time The Stone Then Appeared To Be Very Lateral In S/l *kaylex*?
Apr 26, 2010

. ...

S/l Stone Fragments For Crystal Graft Analysis
Oct 08, 2014

Hi everyone I am doing a laser lithotripsy and stone extraction.  When the doctor mentions the specimen, it sounds like he is saying Specimen: stone fragments for s/l crystal graft analysis.  I would appreciate any input you may have.  this one is driving me nuts... ...

Disc Versus Disk? Back In The Stone Ages When I First Became An MT
Jul 17, 2014

I was told disc when referring to optic discs and disk when referring to the spine.  Then I believe the standard was changed to disc for everything.  I just recently started a new job where I was pinged for using disc in a lumbar steroid injection report by my supervisor who told me to use disk for the spine.  So which is correct?  I can't keep up since they put a new book of style every other year. Thanks! ...

Patient Has Kohler's Disease Of The Right Foot. Whether This Is S/l(stone Na Claps) Stage Or O
Oct 31, 2011

Patient has Kohler's disease of the right foot.  Whether this is s/l(stone na claps) stage or on into the healing stage, it is difficult to ascertain at this point.   TIA ...

Kidney Term
Feb 09, 2010

The cortices show "mamarioli" of normal appearance. Thank you ...

House Of The Kidney?
Dec 05, 2011

This is a kidney transplant report, and the doc says: "A 6 x 12 double-J stent was placed within the ureter up into the (s/)l house of the kidney."  I looked up this term, but I can't find it with Google.  Any suggestions? Thanks! :) ...

Pressure
Jul 31, 2013

You know this is some food for thought.  You know if there are any mistakes on any of these medical records being VR edited or transcribed and it went to court and you know how they say the transcriber/editor would be liable too, well think about this -- the tremendous amount of pressure that these companies put us under including the severe lack of pay, putting us on an almost impossible production scale among pressures from QA and so forth, a transcriber's defense is so easy and is a ...

Pt Got Bit By Something, Now Is Having Acute Kidney Problems.
Oct 06, 2010

x ...

Kidney Transplant.. Please See Message
Mar 17, 2011

The doc is saying the patient is status post a pediatric s/l envelok kidney transplant.  TIA ...

Drug S/l My-o-the-ti-cal Pt Has Hx Of Htn And Cyst On Kidney
Jan 04, 2012

x ...

Kidney Transplant...please See Message...
Apr 24, 2012

The doc is saying:  The patient experienced a rejection, and we are very pleased that we were able to reverse this with the s/l phoresis/IKIG regimen.  TIA.... ...

Chronic Kidney Disease
May 27, 2013

Doctor is dicating what s/l:  patient was admitted to the (GEM) unit?; the patient has chronic kidney disease..thx ...

Eyeball Pressure
Jan 26, 2011

This is the sentence  ~~  s/l "Trigonese" pressure appears elevated at least greater than 15. Any idea WHAT he is saying?? ...

Mean Wedge Pressure Of 70?
Jul 29, 2011

Mean wedge pressure of 70?  Doc has southern accent and I'm not finding a lot on echocardiogram mean wedge pressure of 7 or 70?  Possible 70? Thanks ...

CPAP Cm Of Pressure
Dec 04, 2012

When doing CPAP titrations, Dr states "CPAP was initiated at 4 cm of pressure".  I have seen different ways to transcribe this, either as written or 4 cm/H2O.  Which is correct?  ...

Why So Much Pressure About References?
Jan 18, 2015

I'm baffled...I applied with Patient First through Careerbuilder.  I had recruiters pursuing me for months, I get back to them and they tell me I'll be coming to Virginia for testing that I did awesome on the first test, yada yada yada...then I get a call from HR because I didn't fill out the profile on the Patient First website, and now they're all gung ho about references!  I worked at the same MTSO for over 6 years - there's a lot of turnover in MTSO's, ...

Q About Staging Of Chronic Kidney Disease
Jan 15, 2010

Doc dictates "The patient has a history of chronic kidney disease (stage 4 to stage 5) ?!?!  is that how it is transcribed per the BOS II ... I just moved and cannot locate my book for verification. ...

Dough/doh Polycystic Kidney Disease
Apr 08, 2011

Doctor is giving list of diagnoses and says "s/l dough polycystic kidney disease." Does anyone anyone know if there is a distinction among the types of polycystic kidney disease that might sound like dough/doh? I know there is a genetic type, but not sure about anything else.  This doc is notorious for adding nonsensical syllables here and there (why can' he say "um" like everybody else??). Any help would be greatly appreciated.   ...

Pressor/pressure Support?
Dec 11, 2009

Patient is on ventilation and having multi-system failure.  Doctor is saying he is requiring increasing pressure/pressor support.  It sounds like pressor, but thought it could also be pressure.  I'm finding both around and am wondering which is correct. ...

S/l Plidasoid Blood Pressure
Jun 04, 2010

patient had tightness in chest.  Dr. states "At that time, his s/l plidasoid blood pressure was 103."  ...