A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Where to buy a VR crystal ball? - MissKitty

Posted: Feb 14, 2013

Apparently in addition to transcribing, acute listening, and translating . . . now I'm supposed to have ESP skills to know what they MEANT to say even if it is strictly "verbatim," there is a gray area we are to instinctively know called, "Transcription clairvoyance, what the dictator meant to say." Hey, they can't have it both ways - if verbatim is what they demand, verbatim is what they get unless that dictator directs me to change what was said all of the creepy stuff stays! I can't help it if that report looks trashy, or like an idiot dictated it. Afterall, it is verbatim, and . . . you made those hair splitting rules, I didn't. :)

I had a ghastly piggybacker today. - please, just knock me out

[ In Reply To ..]
They don't play by the rules at all. It all falls us, and I'm sick of it.

What do you mean by piggybacker? - nm - Spies-R-Us

[ In Reply To ..]

multiple reports on one audio file - hate piggybacking

[ In Reply To ..]
You have to create separate reports within one audio file, and it's a pain in the neck.
Multiple reports on one audio - I cant stand that. - drives me nuts. Especially when
[ In Reply To ..]
you have to scrounge to fill in patient demographics, very time consuming! My biggest pet peeve when it comes to poor dictation habits.

Similar Messages:

S/l E-trips Ball Or Eclipse Ball Placement (back)
Oct 12, 2010

She had an MRI, which indicted disc problems at L5-S1. In late 2008, she had a lumbar laminectomy and discectomy.  She also had the application of an (________) ball placement for relief of discomfort and in place of a fusion.     S/L e-trips ball or eclipse ball DX is unhelpful --  "back pain, status postoperative" ...

S/l Crystal
Dec 02, 2009

Migratory joint effusion in the foot without obvious s/l crystal on arthropathy.   The patient's diagnosis is effusion, second MP joint. tia. ...

Crystal-clear Doctor Having To Spell Everything Out.
Mar 18, 2012

I had the very pleasant experience of getting a crystal-clear American doctor speaking perfect English, but he was spelling many ordinary words and medications, which tells me he's probably been having some bad reports coming back.  He didn't sound like a newbie resident, who do tend to spell a lot of things.  It makes me wonder just how bad some of the reports are if this very clear-speaking doctor is having a problem. ...

S/l Stone Fragments For Crystal Graft Analysis
Oct 08, 2014

Hi everyone I am doing a laser lithotripsy and stone extraction.  When the doctor mentions the specimen, it sounds like he is saying Specimen: stone fragments for s/l crystal graft analysis.  I would appreciate any input you may have.  this one is driving me nuts... ...

S/l BALL TIP??
Dec 03, 2011

Horrible ESL... The 20-French s/l ball tip gastrostomy tube was passed and pulled out through the stomach.  ...

S/l Tonsil Ball
Mar 23, 2010

Using this term during an umbilical hernia repair with mesh, states:  Dermabond was then applied. A ________was then fashioned into her umbilicus area. Sounds like tonsil ball. Thanks so much. ...

Ball Rest?
Aug 31, 2010

The patient was placed at s/l (ball rest) and sent home on s/l (prenal) nutrition and is readmitted for colectomy.   This dictation is so fussy. Can you help please? ...

Pata Ball Injury?!
Sep 24, 2010

Dictation about upcoming knee replacement - past medical history sounded like "She had a recognized pata-ball injury" but pata-ball doesn't look right to me... ...

Does Anyone Out There Use A Balance Ball Chair
Mar 24, 2011

I'm trying to use just my balance ball right now.  I have some low back problems and find that my posture is horrendous with sitting in a normal office chair; however, just the balance ball alone seems to be a little too low.  Overall, it feels more comfortable on my rear end than my normal office chair and I'm definitely sitting up straighter, but wondered if anyone else out there had any experiences, good or bad, with using a balance ball or the balance ball chair setup.&nb ...

Stability/balance Ball Chairs
Jan 06, 2012

Anyone use a stability/balance ball as a chair while working?   Would appreciate hearing any thoughts on whether you felt it helped you with posture, core muscles, balance, etc. ...

Vascular: "Holster Crystal Embolization" To The Eye
May 16, 2010

Thanks   ...

The WHOLE Ball Of "wax" For What It Is Worth
May 29, 2012

I was one today, who "joined the lawsuit."  Reason being is that I have worked for MANY companies in MANY capacites and have found companies whom like TTD and other companies are subcontractors for other companies  - yes, there are compllaints of "low work/no work;"  its not necessariy India or the Phillipines, but AMERICAN companies or individual MTs who are SOOO swamped they put ads on and hire people.  I recently did QA for a company and was told not to touch a certain gro ...