A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

fibula/fibular, tibia/tibial, ulna/ulnar, etc. - NCMT

Posted: Feb 25, 2011

What is the final say on how to use these words??

Is is tibia fracture or tibial fracture?  fibula fracture or fibular fracture?

What if there is another word in front, does it become "proximal tibia fracture" or still 'proximal tibial fracture"?

I find some people do it one way, others the other way!! 

Thanks in advance for any help/direction/link to help with this.

Adjectives - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I tend to make them adjectives (fibular, tibial), because they're describing the type of fracture. However, it's not incorrect the other way. Kind of like hand fracture, skull fracture, you don't "adjectivize" them.

Bottom line, if your company/person who does your audit/client has a preference, you would do it their way.

Other poster is correct, however, we type what - the doctor says. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Tibia/fibular Shaft Fracture Or Tibial And Fibular Shaft Fracture
Jun 10, 2011

paranoid about nitpicking my work... I find it both ways when I search   ...

Ulna Vs Ulnar
Apr 12, 2011

Sounds like "ulna 3 joints of her hand" but ulnar makes more sense since that is talking about more than one bone and ulna is in reference to just 1 bone. Any ideas on where to look would be great. Thanks ...

Fibula Fracture Or Fibular Fracture
Jun 24, 2010

which is corect, per AAMT BOS? ...

Ulna Fovea
Aug 29, 2013

s/l doc is saying ulna fovea? I always thought it was ulnar fovea? ...

Bone Deformity In Radius And Ulna
Apr 19, 2010

it s/l natalung's deformity. ...

S/l Weber A Fracture, Left Fibula
Aug 18, 2010

The diagnosis is: S/L Weber A fracture, left fibula I cannot document a Weber A. Any other s/l that it could be? Tia. ...

Ulnar Nerve Transfer
May 23, 2012

Clearly spells "Leiiermont" ulnar nerve transfer.  ...

? Rt Ulnar Nerve Neuropathy Surgery Sm
Jul 03, 2013

The patient received 2 grams of Ancef with a one-hour cut time, had s/l CDs placed on the lower extremities.   Thanks!  ...

*Ian’s* Canal Lesion On The Right Or Ulnar Neuropathy On The Right. Thanks. Nm
Jan 17, 2010

nm ...

Help With Ulnar Gutter Splint - Having A Time Today! SM
Jun 02, 2011

Closure was carried out with 2-0 nylon horizontal mattress sutures.  The patient tolerated the procedure well.  There were no complications.  A s/l "bulgie dealings" ulnar gutter splint was applied. ...

S/l Tibial Snaps .. S/l Gastroc
Nov 19, 2009

Repeat EMG done several days ago demonstrates normal NCVs including tibial snaps, but with denervation in the gastroc. ...

Chondroplasty, Tibial Plateau
Oct 17, 2010

working on ortho surgery.  CANNOT find this word.  Have researched for literally HOURS. Only know it must be some kind of tool or procedure....grrrr. "[s/l  NOTHING I CAN MAKE OUT!] was used to smooth the unstable cartilaginous flap on the tibial plateau. "   Thanks in advance.   Barb ...

Free Tibial Edema?
Jun 30, 2011

sentence s/l:  Trace pretibial and free tibial edema. Does this sound correct? I have not been able to find any definition of "free tibial." ...

Type Of Tibial Plateau Fracture
Oct 18, 2011

Right knee tibial plateau fracture, (s/l) Shakster 6. ...

S/L Tibia Plathon?
Feb 16, 2010

S/L tibia plathon?    ...

MRI Is Reviewed That Shows Ulnar Negative Variance And A Cyst Along The S/l Tri-plec-tro-non. TIA N
Nov 24, 2009

x ...

Peripheral Pulses Are +2 In Posterior And Tibial ____
Jun 22, 2010

NM ...

Left Hip Replacement - Placing A Tibial Strut With
Jun 07, 2011

I have always typed as Dall-Miles but this ortho doc spells this out.  Maybe doing it incorrectly all along?  ...

Medial Femoral Tibial With Slash Or Hyphen?
Jul 23, 2012

Dr. says:  Mild medial femoral tibial articular cartilage thinning. Should it be femoral-tibial, or femoral/tibial, or femoral tibial? ...

Tibia Plate Placed Over S/l Fisus
Nov 25, 2009

tia ...

Post Tibia Fracture Problems??
May 22, 2012

S/l like doc is saying patient had a tibia fracture and has symptoms from a malunion with: Here's the part I can't find:  "procravada varus and foot forwardus"   Anyone? --  tried googling several options. Thank U. ...

S/l Elizeroff Treatment Of Open Proximal Tibia
Feb 22, 2010

This is an ortho progress note.  I tried googling...  I just can't find it.  I also tried Stedman's Ortho Word Book and nothing.... eeeek!  Thanks in advance.... ...

L Tibia Fracture - Plan: He Was Transitioned To A S/l *patella
Jun 01, 2011

x ...

I Was Getting A Little Worried About The Plates On The Tibia Causing Some S/l Recker Vodum.
Oct 16, 2011

TIA! ...

Pt With Left Tibia Fracture. She Was Placed In A S/l Claw-ta-tion Splint, Which Did Not
Jun 20, 2013

x ...

"Buckle" Deformity Of Distal Fibula? Nm
Nov 25, 2009

nm ...

Right Proximal Fibular Fracture And S/l "sin-is Mo-sis" Rupture.
Dec 26, 2009

xx ...

S/l Posterior "clause" Of The Tibia
Oct 23, 2013

He received posterior (s/l clause) of the tibia. ...

S/l "REM Nailing" Of Tibia
Apr 22, 2010

"Patient is status post closed, locked (s/l R.E.M. nailing), distal tibia." I can find nothing under REM or REN. ...