A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

tibia/fibular shaft fracture or tibial and fibular shaft fracture - nitpicking my work

Posted: Jun 10, 2011

paranoid about nitpicking my work... I find it both ways when I search

Both are correct. - sweetgirlsmom

[ In Reply To ..]
I would be consistent with tibia/fibula or tibial/fibular, rather than tibia/fibular. Tibial and fibular is also correct. You should type it whichever way it is dictated.

I type what they say (verbatim), if they say slash they get slash. - but, yep, both are correct.

[ In Reply To ..]
[

Similar Messages:

Fibula/fibular, Tibia/tibial, Ulna/ulnar, Etc.
Feb 25, 2011

What is the final say on how to use these words?? Is is tibia fracture or tibial fracture?  fibula fracture or fibular fracture? What if there is another word in front, does it become "proximal tibia fracture" or still 'proximal tibial fracture"? I find some people do it one way, others the other way!!  Thanks in advance for any help/direction/link to help with this. ...

Fibula Fracture Or Fibular Fracture
Jun 24, 2010

which is corect, per AAMT BOS? ...

Right Proximal Fibular Fracture And S/l "sin-is Mo-sis" Rupture.
Dec 26, 2009

xx ...

Type Of Tibial Plateau Fracture
Oct 18, 2011

Right knee tibial plateau fracture, (s/l) Shakster 6. ...

Post Tibia Fracture Problems??
May 22, 2012

S/l like doc is saying patient had a tibia fracture and has symptoms from a malunion with: Here's the part I can't find:  "procravada varus and foot forwardus"   Anyone? --  tried googling several options. Thank U. ...

L Tibia Fracture - Plan: He Was Transitioned To A S/l *patella
Jun 01, 2011

x ...

Pt With Left Tibia Fracture. She Was Placed In A S/l Claw-ta-tion Splint, Which Did Not
Jun 20, 2013

x ...

S/L Shaft Liver
Apr 21, 2010

...resulting in patient shedding microemboli through the kidney, liver, and bone marrow, resulting in acute renal failure, shaft liver,... Does anyone have a suggestion as to what he may be saying about the liver? ...

Type Of Hip Fracture That S/L Crural Neck Fracture
Dec 31, 2011

Doctor is dictating for a 90-year-old who sustained a hip fracture in a fall. Then, under assessment, it sounds like he says "Left crural neck fracture." I could assume he means femoral neck, as I never heard of crural neck. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance. ...

The Shaft After 6 Plus Years Of Service...
Apr 04, 2014

The Shaft Was Minimally Enlarged At The [s/l Ispis]
Dec 09, 2010

I'm sorry if I am posting this twice, but I can't tell if the first one worked. :) I can't figure out a word in this sentence: "The shaft was minimally enlarged at the [s/l ispis]." It's possible I am just REALLY tired, but I am drawing a blank and can't find anything! ...

So, I'm Sick Of American Workers Getting The Shaft.
Sep 19, 2014

Every catalog I get is full of imported goods, so I emailed LL Bean and Lands' End to take me off their mailing list permanently unless they start building factories here and bring the work back and that I would also encourage others to do so.  I got a pat response, of course, that my email was "forwarded to the appropriate personnel" who would then "look into the matter."  With each catalog that happens into my mailbox and has only imported goods, I will email that company to re ...

Sounded Like Rast Screws And Shaft Screws For Volar Plate. Nm
Mar 15, 2013

nm ...

SLR II Fracture?
Jun 26, 2012

Has anyone heard of s/l SLR 2/II type fracture of the ankle? I cannot research this anywhere. Is this an abbreviation for Salter-Harris perhaps? ...

Fracture Help
Feb 26, 2013

Surgery on a humerus fracture. We then placed a distal screw in compression mode realigning the fracture and abutting the s/l CORD-A-SEAS of the fracture laterally. ...

Tufts Fracture?
Nov 03, 2009

I can find very little on this.  The pt apparently has a s/l "tufts" fracture.  Can anyone confirm this, and if so, is it an acronym for something or named after someone?  Thanks for any info.  Not much is coming up with Google. ...

Rod For Femur Fracture
Jan 04, 2010

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a great New Year!  Lady with posttraumatic chondromalacia patella with previous femur fracture.  "s/l treater rod has been removed." Thanks! ...

S/l Collage Fracture
Jan 23, 2010

The patient fell today sustaining a s/l collage fracture of her right distal radius. tia. ...

S/l Akole Fracture
Jan 29, 2010

Impression:  Contusion of the right elbow, rule out s/l akole fracture. tia. ...

Ortho Help Hip Fracture
Feb 12, 2010

He's eating and mumbling at the same time, my two favorite bad habits.... Sounds like he is saying  - I'm spelling phonetically here.... Bazed ri-ko-lar (long I on the ri) high intertrochanteric fracture.  He says this twice - the second time he is throws in "instrumented (bazed ri-ko-lar) high intertrochanteric fracture" Thanks for your help and your time!  I appreciate it. ME =0)     ...

Nasal Fracture Op
Feb 12, 2010

The nose was further decongested and anesthetized utilizing 10% cocaine pledgets, followed by injections, some _____, some_____...... or maybe submucousally, subperiossively. I know, I'm a new student trying hard to get this.  Let me know if I need to attach a sound file. ...

Nasal Fracture
Oct 13, 2010

can someone tell me what a "3 4" rasp is?  3,4 or 3-4, or 3/4.  the whole sentence is The bony spicule over the dorsum was reduced via a Rubin osteotome and file ___ rasp Thanks ...

Both Bones Fracture
Oct 14, 2010

Is there a hypen between both and bones? ...

S/l Sawter Two Fracture
Oct 17, 2010

Fracture, wrist (sawter two fracture, left distal radius). ...

Fracture Type
Oct 26, 2010

She has 100% displaced fracture, s/l convelor type. ...

Segond Fracture
Jan 11, 2011

Segond fracture:  This was a new one for me today and thought I'd share.  See Wikipedia link below for more, but basically it's named after a French doctor (Paul Segond) from 1879.  It's a "type of avulsion fracture (soft tissue structures tearing off bits of their bony attachment) of the lateral tibial condyle of the knee, immediately beyond the surface which articulates with the femur." --Wikipedia.  My case involved a skiing injury where the binding did ...

Chaput Fracture
Mar 14, 2011

How is "Chaput" pronounced? ...

Fracture Deformity
Apr 06, 2011

Patient has a distal one-third radial shaft fracture.  Dr. says... at that time, if she continues to undergo a s/l K-type deformity, surgical intervention may be necessary. Thank you in advance... ...

Gaeazzi Fracture
Apr 19, 2011

Good evening everyone.  So, this patient had a galeazzi fracture of the forearm.  The doctor says about his film study:  "On the lateral film I think there is a little angius in the distal fragment, a lot of segment comminution."  Now on the tape it sounded like segmentminution, so i'm wondering if angius is two words also?  This may help also:  "comminuted fracture through the diaphyseal portion of the distal radius", and "Galeazzi fracture with some disruptio ...

Falter Fracture
May 12, 2011

Falter fracture dislocation of the distal physis.   Falter fracture dislocation... Is this correct??   Thanks for all your help :) ...