A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

free tibial edema? - lg

Posted: Jun 30, 2011

sentence s/l:  Trace pretibial and free tibial edema.

Does this sound correct? I have not been able to find any definition of "free tibial."

Free tibial edema - Lois

[ In Reply To ..]
pretibial edema

2nd part of sentence "free tibial" - lg

[ In Reply To ..]
sentence s/l: Trace pretibial and free tibial edema.

I agree part of the sentence is "pretibial;" however, the dictator specifically says the sentence above and doesn't sound like he's backtracking or correcting himself. It's the second part of the sentence that confuses me ("free tibial edema").

free tibial - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
I do ortho all the time--there is no such animal as "free tibial."

Similar Messages:

S/l Tibial Snaps .. S/l Gastroc
Nov 19, 2009

Repeat EMG done several days ago demonstrates normal NCVs including tibial snaps, but with denervation in the gastroc. ...

Chondroplasty, Tibial Plateau
Oct 17, 2010

working on ortho surgery.  CANNOT find this word.  Have researched for literally HOURS. Only know it must be some kind of tool or procedure....grrrr. "[s/l  NOTHING I CAN MAKE OUT!] was used to smooth the unstable cartilaginous flap on the tibial plateau. "   Thanks in advance.   Barb ...

Type Of Tibial Plateau Fracture
Oct 18, 2011

Right knee tibial plateau fracture, (s/l) Shakster 6. ...

Peripheral Pulses Are +2 In Posterior And Tibial ____
Jun 22, 2010

NM ...

Left Hip Replacement - Placing A Tibial Strut With
Jun 07, 2011

I have always typed as Dall-Miles but this ortho doc spells this out.  Maybe doing it incorrectly all along?  ...

Medial Femoral Tibial With Slash Or Hyphen?
Jul 23, 2012

Dr. says:  Mild medial femoral tibial articular cartilage thinning. Should it be femoral-tibial, or femoral/tibial, or femoral tibial? ...

Fibula/fibular, Tibia/tibial, Ulna/ulnar, Etc.
Feb 25, 2011

What is the final say on how to use these words?? Is is tibia fracture or tibial fracture?  fibula fracture or fibular fracture? What if there is another word in front, does it become "proximal tibia fracture" or still 'proximal tibial fracture"? I find some people do it one way, others the other way!!  Thanks in advance for any help/direction/link to help with this. ...

Pedal Edema?
May 14, 2010

In this physical examination, it sounds like it is being dictated, "Both upper and lower extremities with (s/l pedal) edema."  That doesn't seem to make sense, but perhaps I'm wrong...what other word could he be saying instead of pedal?  He pretty much mumbles his way right passed it. ...

Edema S/L RH HER LIT THUM
Jan 29, 2012

I can't understand my dr. for the life of me.  I don't know if he's trying to say a medical term or if he's just talking.  In the HPI he says "No increased swelling, but she has horbbile edema S/L RH HER LIT THUM."  I could use any help y'all could give.  Thanks so much in advance. ...

Edema Classifications
Dec 23, 2014

Hi there! I have always been taught that for edema classifications to use, for example, 2++, as opposed to just 2+.  Clarification please and thank you! ...

'protracted' Bilateral Leg Edema
Feb 14, 2011

'protracted' bilateral leg edema Does this sound correct? I can clearly hear that in the dictation to me but my tired ears and eyes do not think it is right. Thanks!   ...

Sounds Like Corporal Edema
Aug 22, 2014

This is referring to the lower extremites in a patient with urosepsis ...

There Was No Optic Disc Edema Or *ellodation*?? Thanks. Nm
Jan 31, 2010

nm ...

HEENT Exam: S/L No Peri?? Edema
Feb 19, 2010

doc states...HEENT is unremarkable. No proptosis. No S/l peri?? edema. I definetly hear the peri...just not sure what is next.   ...

Extremities: No Rubs, Cords, Or Edema
Nov 20, 2011

Does this look right? Extremities: No rubs, cords, or edema.What are rubs and cords in the extremities?Thanks ...

Venous Stasis Edema..please See Message
Jan 10, 2012

The doc consistently says venous stasis edema.  However, when I look it up, I find that they are two different things, i.e. venous stasis AND edema.  Which is correct?  TIA ...

Diffuse (type/tight) Edema
May 26, 2013

bibasilar crackles and diffuse (s/l type/tight) rhonchi   ASR typed tight  ...

Pass Of Free Flow Or Passive Free Flow?
Feb 04, 2011

Negative aspiration and pass of free flow of saline into the peritoneum was observed. or is it passive free flow of saline? ...

S/l Hypo-al-pulmanemia?? Patient With Peripheral Edema...
Nov 27, 2009

Patient with glioblastoma multiforme and peripheral edema in lower extremities...   "Patient does not have (hypo-al-pulmonemia) or any other obvious reason for peripheral edema." ...

Extremities Reveal No Edema, S/l "palpilitter Occipital" Pulses.
Oct 23, 2009

This doc is talking fast and I can't figure out what he is saying.  Thank you for any suggestions.  ...

Diffuse Cerebral Edema With Loss Of The Normal S/l "so-ki"
Oct 13, 2009

Any suggestions? ...

On Exam, There Is 2+ S/l "Barnigs" Extremity Edema Bilaterally.
May 27, 2010

a ...

No "perival" Edema Under HEENT - Sm
Jan 05, 2010

Definitely starts with a "P"  No Paraval edema?  I don't hear scleral. Please help!  Thank you.  ...

Sock-o-Sock, SockuSock??? (for Edema)
Mar 19, 2013

Got an Asian doc who is always prescribing "Sock-o-sock" or "SockuSock" for edema.  That's exactly what she's saying.  Any ideas?  Will go with sock-on-sock for now, but that's not really what it sounds like.    Thanks.  ...

Free At Last!!!
Oct 25, 2009

After working for MQ for nearly 5-1/2 years, I'm finally leaving.  The first 5 years were great!  Then they decided to force QAs to do transcription and ASR.  If I wanted to transcribe I would have applied for an MT job.  Not to mention the fact that I was making close to $16 an hour and now this has been reduce to around $11 and sometimes under $8.  It's MQs loss.  It's too bad they don't treat their valuable employees better.  I just love ...

Free At Last!
Nov 11, 2009

I'm giving notice that I'm quitting very soon!  I made good money until the last year or so and I'm leaving this job that I find boring and lonely (and now doesn't even pay well).  I'm going to be working for a doctor as a scribe and getting paid per hour!  Woo-hoo!!  The pay is not great but at least I will be out of the house and doing something a little different.  I will have human interaction too!  I'm burnt out beyond belief, ...

Im Free
May 04, 2010

You know I am no longer with MQ. I did not pass the audit and honestly I really did not care to. I have figured out why bother.  Why kill myself for short checks. I have worked with them for 12 years and I feel so free right now.  I also am working for another company on the side so that helps  :)   ...

Moo Free?
Nov 12, 2010

Is there a type of chondroitin called "Moo free"?  I found it online, but as far as I can tell, it's for dogs. ...

Free At Last Also!
Dec 04, 2012

Judging from some of the recent posts below, there looks to be an exodus of sorts from MModal and MT in general. I have joined that group. I left MModal last month to pursue another at-home job NOT IN MT with flexible schedule, hourly pay, and pays substantially more than what I made at MModal. Don't know what took me so long to "take the plunge" away from MT. After many years of MT with 12 of those years being with Medquist/MModal and the last 7 on the same accounts, I already miss the wo ...

Free At Last ...
Dec 08, 2013

FINALLY! I have finally managed to get out of MT permanently. I'll have to drive 30 minutes each way to work, but I will have the same shift I had working at home only for a guaranteed hourly wage! What an amazing Christmas present! Good luck to all of you who are trying to escape. ...