A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

amputation radial tear? - liz

Posted: Dec 10, 2009

"Patient has had an s/l amputation radial tear of the posterior horn, which was treated with partial meniscectomy."

That is what I am clearly hearing but I cannot reference that anywhere.  If it is correct, what is it?

Also, DR states he showed the patient the "video prints" so that she understands.  I have never heard this before.  Is this photos from the surgery video?

Thanks for any help!

Radial tear...sm - babs

[ In Reply To ..]
I've never heard of that, but there's always a first... :) Tears are usually partial-thickness or full-thickness. Does it sound anything like that?

definately amputation.... - liz

[ In Reply To ..]
possibly amputation "of"? Maybe his way of saying needing revision?

Amputation...sm - babs

[ In Reply To ..]
This is not the whole article but here is something that does refer to "amputation." :)

Possible reflex pathway between medial meniscus and ... by U Akgun - 2008 - Related articles
tears, most meniscal tears result in amputation of the torn parts [4, 5, 16]. ... posterior horn of the medial meniscus with close proximity to ...

it sort of goes along with what I was thinking... - liz

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks a lot babs. I want to add "of" there but this account is so strict I cant unless I am absolutely sure. I flagged, but that confirmed what I thought it might be.

Similar Messages:

Radial Pulse
Mar 14, 2011

Radial pulse is s/l "preddy." Lower extremities are without mottling.   Thanks for any help! ...

*F____* Testing For Radial Tunnel Syndrome Is Negative. Thanks.nm
Jan 13, 2012

nm ...

Entering Radial Arterial Line With Arrow And Dart Device
Apr 07, 2010

Does this sound right.  The doctor says "Using an arrow and s/l including a dart device, the radial artery was entered, and a wire was advanced..."  Thanks for helping!! ...

S/l Gray Amputation (sm)
Nov 04, 2009

He is talking about a toe amputation, but it sounds like he is saying "Left first gray amputation"  TIA ...

Amputation Question
Nov 04, 2010

X-ray of the right long finger shows a s/l transproximal interphalangeal joint disarticulation?  I can't find transproximal anywhere.  Any ideas?  Thanks. ...

Toilet Amputation
Jan 03, 2015

Does anybody know what a toilet amputation is? Here's the sentence - "The details, risks, alternatives and benefits of a toilet amputation were discussed..." Under the procedure performed section he also dictates "Open, (dictated comma) toilet left below-knee amputation."  Having a hard time finding much on Google. ...

The Reflextion Of The Muscles Was Reflexed Proximally To Reflex And Expose The Radial Bone Proximall
Jun 03, 2010

Is that correct?  For some unknown reason, reflex and reflect completely turn me into an idiot! I know this is not rocket science but boy do I get stumped with these 2! ...

S/l Tergium Regarding Leg Deformity Needing Amputation
Dec 30, 2009

...told her that at this point with the amount of deformity there in the terguim that she has on the left side, that correction of this leg might be very difficult. This is a newborn baby patient. ...

Fishmail-type Incision For Second Toe Amputation
Aug 11, 2013

I don't know how to spell *fishmail* incision. ...

Patient Had Amputation Of Toes, Doc Says Heterogenous Appearance And
Feb 17, 2012

s/l gash shadowing within the soft tissue.  Gash shadowing? ...

SR: She Denies Any Recent Nausea Experienced An Amputation.
May 16, 2012

nm ...

Menisus Tear
Aug 01, 2013

"I then inserted a biter, and debrided the medial meniscus back to a stable rim in the posterior aspect.  This involved removing about 50% of the ______ (sounds like poot) ...

I Think It Is Really Sad That Someone Would Try To Tear Other People Down
Feb 18, 2014

when we are just trying to do our job, and provide for our families.  I will be deleting my previous comments, and I welcome anyone who wants to join me.  We know what our job entails, obviously the original poster does not.  We are better than this.  This is a waste of all our time -- time we do not have.  I feel sorry for the poster; he/she could spend her/his life making positive changes . . . instead he/she needs the attention of getting other people u ...

S/l Right Knee Likely A Meniscal Tear
Jun 22, 2010

Preoperative Diagnosis Right knee likely/lateral meniscal tear. (I swear it sounds like he is saying likely a meniscal tear. Would this be feasible in a preoperative diagnosis. If so, do I insert a comma after right knee)? Postoperative Diagnoses Right knee lateral meniscal tear. Right knee lateral tibial plateau chondromalacia. ...

Pt With Medial Meniscus Tear.
Jun 07, 2011

Patient likes to wear flip flops, however, I recommended that she go to a s/l Vinza shoe and has a 1/4" lateral shoe wedge placed on the outside under the outer sole.  TIA NM ...

Rembrandt Or Remnant Tear
Aug 31, 2012

On review of the MRI, there is what the radiologist describes as a small ---- supraspinatus tear.   Sounds like he says Rembrandt, but is it remnant?  Thanks for your help. ...

How Do You Type ... Grade 1 To 2 Or 1-2 Muscle Tear?
Nov 23, 2009

grade 1 to 2 or 1-2 muscle tear? tia. There is a focal hemorrhage in the central portion of the distal rectus femoris, consistent with the grade 1-2 muscle tear.   ...

Test For Medial Meniscus Tear
Feb 25, 2011

Laundry list of tests including s/l Kessler/Tesler/Pesler test. Any ideas?   ...

Oxox Tear Drop Graft
Aug 23, 2012

I'm dictating on a patient who has an AV fistula and the dictator is saying something like ox ox tear drop or at least that's what it sounds like ...

Triac Tear Of Medial Meniscus?
Oct 30, 2014

My ortho doc says "I do believe he has had a new (sounds like triac) tear of his medial meniscus".  I cannot find in doing a search triad tear.  Don't know if he is meadning trimalleolar tear either? ...

Status Post- Partial "audile" Amputation?
Jun 24, 2010

In the assessment, s/l status post partial "audile?" amputation of right thumb. It goes by so quickly, I can hardly say it sounds like "audile" because it's so garbled. Any help would be appreciated. TIA ...

Rotator Cuff Musculature Or Muscle Tear?
Oct 15, 2009

it really sounds like he says "musclulature" ...

Surgical Note For A Medial Meniscus Tear
Oct 26, 2009

This is a surgical note for a medial meniscus tear.  The doctor is very fast, very soft, and has a slight southern twang.  Any suggested would be greated appreciated.  Thanks! Examination of the medial joint line showed _____ bone over a wide are of both the femur and tibia.     Sounds like he is saying   ee-bo-nate-id. ...

MRI Shows A Medial Meniscus Tear Of The Right Knee With A
Sep 27, 2010

x ...

S/l Parapeet type Small Flap Tear
Feb 25, 2011

In an arthroscopic knee surgery: A s/l parapeet type small flap tear was noted in the anterior horn..... Thank you. ...

Labral Tear On MRI Sounds Like "passomneumonic'?
Jun 18, 2012

sounds like passomneumonic? MRI does reveal evidence of a partial‑thickness tear of the supraspinatus tendon as well as tendinosis of the infraspinatus and subscapularis tendons. There is also an abnormality at the anterior superior labrum, which may be consistent with a labral tear but is not passomneumonic based on the fact that this is a noncontrast study. passopneumonic? sounds something like that... Please help, unable to locate in Stedman's or Internet.... Thanks! ...

DX - Right Wrist Scapholunate Ligament Tear With S/l DCDISI Deformity. ? Tia Nm
Dec 14, 2009

x ...

MRI Of L Wrist-suspicious For A Partial Tear Of The Triangle Fibrocartilage Near Its S/l Phobial Att
Mar 03, 2010

x ...

Positive S/l FALACY Test For Knee - Meniscus Tear?? Maybe Hearing TH?
Apr 26, 2012

TIA! ...

Hyphen - Close To Near Full Thickness Rotator Cuff Tear
May 11, 2012

Plz help me with this sentence regarding the hyphen usage.   close to near full thickness rotator cuff tear     Thnx in advance for the help,   Syd ...