A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Pt with medial meniscus tear. - please sm

Posted: Jun 07, 2011

Patient likes to wear flip flops, however, I recommended that she go to a s/l Vinza shoe and has a 1/4" lateral shoe wedge placed on the outside under the outer sole.  TIA NM

"Panza"? Just a guess. (nm) - Hi there!

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Test For Medial Meniscus Tear
Feb 25, 2011

Laundry list of tests including s/l Kessler/Tesler/Pesler test. Any ideas?   ...

Triac Tear Of Medial Meniscus?
Oct 30, 2014

My ortho doc says "I do believe he has had a new (sounds like triac) tear of his medial meniscus".  I cannot find in doing a search triad tear.  Don't know if he is meadning trimalleolar tear either? ...

Surgical Note For A Medial Meniscus Tear
Oct 26, 2009

This is a surgical note for a medial meniscus tear.  The doctor is very fast, very soft, and has a slight southern twang.  Any suggested would be greated appreciated.  Thanks! Examination of the medial joint line showed _____ bone over a wide are of both the femur and tibia.     Sounds like he is saying   ee-bo-nate-id. ...

MRI Shows A Medial Meniscus Tear Of The Right Knee With A
Sep 27, 2010

x ...

Fast-Fix S/L Pledgit - In Gap Between MCL And Medial Meniscus Sm
Sep 10, 2013

Ultrasound done today shows a fast-fix PLEDGET in the gap between the MCL and the medial meniscus.   THANKS SO MUCH!! ...

Positive S/l FALACY Test For Knee - Meniscus Tear?? Maybe Hearing TH?
Apr 26, 2012

TIA! ...

Really? A *flatulent* Meniscus?
Sep 02, 2013

My doc is dictating about a meniscal repair with grade 3 chondrosis.  He states one of the postop diag is *Flatulent meniscus or degenerative-type meniscus*.  I have a hard time believing flatulent could pertain to the kneecap, and I can't find flatuant to verify.   ...

Lateral Meniscus Had S/l Fishering
Jan 07, 2010

Rotator cuff repair.  The lateral meniscus had s/l fishering horizontally. ...

Meatal Or Medial
Nov 16, 2009

They seem to both make sense, which would you go with?   Nasoendoscopy is performed which demonstrates scarring of the left middle turbinate to the [medial or meatal] wall of the maxillary sinus. ...

L5 DPR Medial Branch
Oct 20, 2011

Ok, brain's gone to mush.  What's DPR stand for in the context of lumbar spine?  Thanks so much!   ...

Medial Femoral Condyle
Mar 16, 2011

s/l demon in his medial femoral condyle with areas of osteochondral defect and cartilaginous loss noted...  Any help is appreciated!!!! ...

Menisus Tear
Aug 01, 2013

"I then inserted a biter, and debrided the medial meniscus back to a stable rim in the posterior aspect.  This involved removing about 50% of the ______ (sounds like poot) ...

I Think It Is Really Sad That Someone Would Try To Tear Other People Down
Feb 18, 2014

when we are just trying to do our job, and provide for our families.  I will be deleting my previous comments, and I welcome anyone who wants to join me.  We know what our job entails, obviously the original poster does not.  We are better than this.  This is a waste of all our time -- time we do not have.  I feel sorry for the poster; he/she could spend her/his life making positive changes . . . instead he/she needs the attention of getting other people u ...

Medial And Lateral Malleolus/malleoli
Mar 04, 2012

If a doc says medial and lateral malleolus, should it be changed to medial and lateral malleoli? Thank you for your help! ...

Amputation Radial Tear?
Dec 10, 2009

"Patient has had an s/l amputation radial tear of the posterior horn, which was treated with partial meniscectomy." That is what I am clearly hearing but I cannot reference that anywhere.  If it is correct, what is it? Also, DR states he showed the patient the "video prints" so that she understands.  I have never heard this before.  Is this photos from the surgery video? Thanks for any help! ...

S/l Right Knee Likely A Meniscal Tear
Jun 22, 2010

Preoperative Diagnosis Right knee likely/lateral meniscal tear. (I swear it sounds like he is saying likely a meniscal tear. Would this be feasible in a preoperative diagnosis. If so, do I insert a comma after right knee)? Postoperative Diagnoses Right knee lateral meniscal tear. Right knee lateral tibial plateau chondromalacia. ...

Rembrandt Or Remnant Tear
Aug 31, 2012

On review of the MRI, there is what the radiologist describes as a small ---- supraspinatus tear.   Sounds like he says Rembrandt, but is it remnant?  Thanks for your help. ...

Axisceon" Beginning At The Medial Epicondyle...
Oct 29, 2009

Incision was made over the medial "axisceon" beginning at the medial epicondyle..." ...

The Left Knee On X-ray Has Some S/l Rare-i-fi-ca-tion In The Medial
Apr 12, 2012

. ...

Medial Femoral Tibial With Slash Or Hyphen?
Jul 23, 2012

Dr. says:  Mild medial femoral tibial articular cartilage thinning. Should it be femoral-tibial, or femoral/tibial, or femoral tibial? ...

Exposed Ingranated Bone Within The Medial Compartment
Dec 18, 2014

Sounds like my ortho doc is saying "Previous arthroscopy two years ago did show an area of exposed "ingranated" bone within the medial compartment".  He is a nonoperative candidate for knee replacement.   I know ingranated is not a word, but that is what is sounds like.  Thought about indurated, and it is not that either.  Any ideas would be helpful and thank you!     ...

How Do You Type ... Grade 1 To 2 Or 1-2 Muscle Tear?
Nov 23, 2009

grade 1 to 2 or 1-2 muscle tear? tia. There is a focal hemorrhage in the central portion of the distal rectus femoris, consistent with the grade 1-2 muscle tear.   ...

Oxox Tear Drop Graft
Aug 23, 2012

I'm dictating on a patient who has an AV fistula and the dictator is saying something like ox ox tear drop or at least that's what it sounds like ...

Rotator Cuff Musculature Or Muscle Tear?
Oct 15, 2009

it really sounds like he says "musclulature" ...

S/l Parapeet type Small Flap Tear
Feb 25, 2011

In an arthroscopic knee surgery: A s/l parapeet type small flap tear was noted in the anterior horn..... Thank you. ...

Labral Tear On MRI Sounds Like "passomneumonic'?
Jun 18, 2012

sounds like passomneumonic? MRI does reveal evidence of a partial‑thickness tear of the supraspinatus tendon as well as tendinosis of the infraspinatus and subscapularis tendons. There is also an abnormality at the anterior superior labrum, which may be consistent with a labral tear but is not passomneumonic based on the fact that this is a noncontrast study. passopneumonic? sounds something like that... Please help, unable to locate in Stedman's or Internet.... Thanks! ...

Ortho Word - Possible Jarment (?) Of The Screw On The Medial Aspect Of Her Right Foot
May 03, 2011

Dictator says: "Possible jarment (?) of the screw on the medial aspect of her right foot." I heard "jarment" clear as day! ...

Ortho Help. Patient With Cartilage Defect In Her Medial Femoral Condyle. SM
Nov 06, 2011

At this point, she probably will need arthroscopy with microfracture versus an (s/l olds) procedure.   TIA ...

DX - Right Wrist Scapholunate Ligament Tear With S/l DCDISI Deformity. ? Tia Nm
Dec 14, 2009

x ...

Tenderness To Palpation In The Right Anterior Medial Chest Wall. Is It Anteromedial Or As Typed? T
Mar 27, 2011

xx ...