A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

amputation question - MT3

Posted: Nov 04, 2010

X-ray of the right long finger shows a s/l transproximal interphalangeal joint disarticulation?  I can't find transproximal anywhere.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

I would type it... - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
trans-proximal. Trans means across and you can form any word you want by adding it. Across the proximal interphalangeal joint... : )

There would be no hyphen if typed transproximal. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I've seen it done both ways ;) - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
It depends on circumstances.
thanks - mt3
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for all your help. I went with trans-proximal.

see message - x

[ In Reply To ..]
... long finger shows a transverse proximal interphalangeal joint distal articulation.

maybe??? just guessing but this is what I usually come across on xrays.

Similar Messages:

S/l Gray Amputation (sm)
Nov 04, 2009

He is talking about a toe amputation, but it sounds like he is saying "Left first gray amputation"  TIA ...

Toilet Amputation
Jan 03, 2015

Does anybody know what a toilet amputation is? Here's the sentence - "The details, risks, alternatives and benefits of a toilet amputation were discussed..." Under the procedure performed section he also dictates "Open, (dictated comma) toilet left below-knee amputation."  Having a hard time finding much on Google. ...

Amputation Radial Tear?
Dec 10, 2009

"Patient has had an s/l amputation radial tear of the posterior horn, which was treated with partial meniscectomy." That is what I am clearly hearing but I cannot reference that anywhere.  If it is correct, what is it? Also, DR states he showed the patient the "video prints" so that she understands.  I have never heard this before.  Is this photos from the surgery video? Thanks for any help! ...

S/l Tergium Regarding Leg Deformity Needing Amputation
Dec 30, 2009

...told her that at this point with the amount of deformity there in the terguim that she has on the left side, that correction of this leg might be very difficult. This is a newborn baby patient. ...

Fishmail-type Incision For Second Toe Amputation
Aug 11, 2013

I don't know how to spell *fishmail* incision. ...

Patient Had Amputation Of Toes, Doc Says Heterogenous Appearance And
Feb 17, 2012

s/l gash shadowing within the soft tissue.  Gash shadowing? ...

SR: She Denies Any Recent Nausea Experienced An Amputation.
May 16, 2012

nm ...

Status Post- Partial "audile" Amputation?
Jun 24, 2010

In the assessment, s/l status post partial "audile?" amputation of right thumb. It goes by so quickly, I can hardly say it sounds like "audile" because it's so garbled. Any help would be appreciated. TIA ...